RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

Gen8 esxi for iPhone backups

tezray

Hi I have been googling loads but not coming up with the information I need. I need to backup my wife's iphone and kids iphones. I am not using my gen8 anymore so want to put esxi onto it I have done this before so should be fine and I want to install a windows 10 vm then plug the iPhone in and back it up. Should I use the latest version esxi 6? Can I pass through the USB for the iphones. All information seems to be ancient on Google. My gen8 is i3-3240, 16gb ram. The reason for this is hard drives not big enough on the laptops all ssd and I can just move the vm about at a later date plus I have this amazing little server just being wasted so seems ideal for it and I will put xpenology and other stuff onto it at a later date.

Just hoping someone will say yes it's fine or no don't bother you will waste a lot of your time.

Thanks

Sent from my SM-A510F using Tapatalk

Never mind spent a bit of time doing it and it works really well happy I have found a use for the gen8 again. Now xpenology for the hallway camera and an Ark server for the daughter just need to find a cheap place to buy a couple of windows 10 licenses now.

Sent from my SM-A510F using Tapatalk