RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

Costco has the Orbi

thewatergate

That is a great deal. It's more than ordering directly from Netgear and Amazon doesn't carry this kit. Unfortunately I'm not near a Costco.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's a hell of a deal. Just ordered the two pack from Amazon yesterday though. Two satellites would be overkill for my home.

• 3 weeks later...

That's a hell of a deal. Just ordered the two pack from Amazon yesterday though. Two satellites would be overkill for my home.

Can you have too many satellites?? What happens if you stuffed 3 units in a 2400 sq ft 2-story house? That's the setup I have now using Airport Extremes......2 for the large upstairs at opposite ends of the house and 1 downstairs, and I was thinking of getting the Costco offer to replace them for better performance. 

Can you have too many satellites?? What happens if you stuffed 3 units in a 2400 sq ft 2-story house? That's the setup I have now using Airport Extremes......2 for the large upstairs at opposite ends of the house and 1 downstairs, and I was thinking of getting the Costco offer to replace them for better performance. 

I think you run the risk of confusing your clients as to which AP to connect to. I know that's a huge issue with OM and to some extent eero. There is definitely a point at which you encounter diminishing returns.

That being said, I'm not sure how Orbi performs vertically, meaning between two floors. Might be worth experimenting with placement, especially depending on the layout of each floor. If the lower floor is more open living space and the upper floor is mostly rooms, maybe having the main unit in the middle of the bottom floor and a satellite on each end of the upper floor would work well.

You can always try it out and if it doesn't work well you can return it. Costco has a great return policy.