RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)
  • ×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• Sokoban
      By Sokoban
      Hi 
      My HP Proliant Microserver Gen 8 won't install HP Tools when I have running HP Smart Update Manager. 
      even when I have trying to install via Intelligent Provising, Windows Server 2019.

Se image below 🙂 That's I missing.. ;-(

• Karazzi
      By Karazzi
      Hi everyone.

New to this forum.
      I have a gen8 microserver running at home, where I have installed an SSD in the ODD sata slot. On the SSD I have installed Ubuntu Server 18.04.
      I have then created a logical volume witht the raid controller and can then boot to the SSD. So far so good.
      My problem emerges when I reboot the system. The logical volume disapears and it gives the error: "boot logical drive is configured but is missing or offline".
      I then have to go into the utility and reconfigure the logical volume. Kind of annoying, when trying to run a headless setup.

• Mark Belanger
      By Mark Belanger
      Greetings,

I'm new to the HPMSG8 world and so far I'm loving it. I have a stock Xeon with 16G of aftermarket memory with iLO patched to 2.70. Next up is adding a RAID card, so I can put my boot SSD on the onboard RAID. I picked up a LSI SAS9211-8i on Amazon, but am struggling to flash it to IT mode on the MicroServer. Is this even possible? Unfortunately, the only other system I have with PCI slots is 32-bit.

Any pointers would be greatly appreciated.

-MB
    • iwilltry
      By iwilltry
      Hi there,
      I hope this topic fits here just right.
      So a few days ago, I moved my Microserver Gen8 to a friend's place and resetted it.
      When we set it up with new disks, the raid-creation in OpenMediaVault (Debian 9.6) failed.
      `smartctl` tests passed just fine though and vendor-tools also didn't report any drive errors.
      What happened?
      - I start the Raid creation via `mdadm` and after a while (random blocks and times), it fails and the second disk seems to fail (e.g. sda and sdb are creating a raid, then sdb gets "kicked out" and reread as e.g. sdd, sometimes even with only a few GB of space instead of 3TB).
      I tried attaching the second disk on ata2 and ata3, but it keeps failing. The one on ata1 works just fine though.
      I tried different disks and vendors, but get the same results.
      There are some errors in `dmesg`, but I don't know what they mean. I pasted them here: https://pastebin.com/raw/XASQJ6cy
      What I did here: I stopped the raid to re-create it, but then didn't do anything for a while and the error still came up.

Can someone help me with this? (As a wild guess, I'd say that somethings wrong with the SATA connections at least on ata2 and ata3).

Thanks in advance
    • pksparks
      By pksparks
      Hi,
      it is a stormy weekend here, lots of rain, so i want to change some configurations in my gen8 with P212 smart array card
      my configuration:

booting from odd bay 240 gb ssd 
      in gen 8 bays 1 and 2  raid 2x 3 tb
      bay 3 and 4 stand alone drives for server backup and client backups. All connected to b210

an external box for 4 drives, all raid 0 connected to p212 external port.

my changes include the following:

replace P212 by P222.
      take connector from b210 and connect it to internal port P222
      connect external connector to P222
      connect ssd to b210 port 1 for higher speed.

questions i am asking myself:
      a) will all arrays be recognized directly when connect to P222
      b) will set boot from ssd, guess i have to look in setup for boot disk
      c) can i add a second ssd, same size, and make it an raid 1 configuration, so port 1 and 2 from b210 are 1 boot disk?

rgds
      Patrick
      Sorry, When writing b210, i meant b120i