RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

MicroServer Warranty issues

sofianito

Hi,

I recently bought the microserver gen8 through Amazon Spain, but I have tremendous difficulty to reach any HP representative to fix my problems. Servers support team only provide support for server failures. They were no able to provide any other contact to fix my issues. I filled a support form on their website, and I got an ACK email without any mean to reply...

Basically, I can't link the serial number with my HPE user profile. For now, I am no able to download the service pack software. Also, the warranty dates are wrong. The HP warranty status website indicates that the warranty was initiated 6 six months ago...

Did someone run into these problems?

Hi,

I recently bought the microserver gen8 through Amazon Spain, but I have tremendous difficulty to reach any HP representative to fix my problems. Servers support team only provide support for server failures. They were no able to provide any other contact to fix my issues. I filled a support form on their website, and I got an ACK email without any mean to reply...

Basically, I can't link the serial number with my HPE user profile. For now, I am no able to download the service pack software. Also, the warranty dates are wrong. The HP warranty status website indicates that the warranty was initiated 6 six months ago...

Hi,

my colleagues and I all bought a server from the same place (Amazon Spain, eventhough we live in Germany). We also had the dates wrong on our warranties. What we did was calling the HPE support number and talked to a support REP. They were actually very helpful and solved our problems. They gave us a email address to send a copy of the warranty to. The whole processing on their side took about two weeks, but in the end all was solved and everybody was happy :). I don't have the number anymore, as it happened more than a year ago. I am sure you can find one on the support page of HPE.

Oh, another thing tho, the HPE support page is a nightmare. High loading times, many times it refuses just to take my password, the navigation is abysmal at best.

Good luck!

Hi,

Regarding the registering for warranty, or for the purpose of obtaining your right to download official software from HPE website, I faced the exact same problem as you a month ago when I first received my Gen8. Basically it was a frustrating process because a) HPE website is not very consumer friendly constructed (perhaps IT professions have no problem as they are used to this kind of industry environment, I don't know) and B) they did not give you clear instruction how to do it on the paper or guide which came with the Gen 8.

After 2 days of searching around on HPE website with no success, I gave up and went straight to setting up my Gen8, and then there is where the magic happens.

Basically I think you are meant to start up your Gen8, press F10 to enter Intelligent Provisioning for your first time setup. From there you can create your HPE Passport account, Registering your server and connect it to HPE's server to start your warranty and support entitlement. I bet not many people know this but that's what I stumble upon when try to set the machine up. After that you can also set up lot of configuration in the Intelligent Provisioning interface, for example setting disk array.

After that process, you will be able to login to your HPE passport and download your required software/iso. 

Thank you very much cuspess! I'll give it a try today.

Regarding the registering for warranty, or for the purpose of obtaining your right to download official software from HPE website, I faced the exact same problem as you a month ago when I first received my Gen8. Basically it was a frustrating process because a) HPE website is not very consumer friendly constructed (perhaps IT professions have no problem as they are used to this kind of industry environment, I don't know) and B) they did not give you clear instruction how to do it on the paper or guide which came with the Gen 8.

After 2 days of searching around on HPE website with no success, I gave up and went straight to setting up my Gen8, and then there is where the magic happens.

Basically I think you are meant to start up your Gen8, press F10 to enter Intelligent Provisioning for your first time setup. From there you can create your HPE Passport account, Registering your server and connect it to HPE's server to start your warranty and support entitlement. I bet not many people know this but that's what I stumble upon when try to set the machine up. After that you can also set up lot of configuration in the Intelligent Provisioning interface, for example setting disk array.

After that process, you will be able to login to your HPE passport and download your required software/iso. 

@cuspess: Thank you very much!!!

Just to confirm that with Intelligent Provisioning, I could link successfully the product with my HPE.

My next big battle now would be to get in touch with a representative from HPE to fix the warranty dates according to the date of purchase. I opened a case at HPE support but they rejected it arguing they handle only server failure cases. I contacted a US based HPE sales representative who had no clue... The other day Support team provided me a phone number that happened to be Mango shop at UAE LOL...

Not sure what to do next, but I'm shocked to find out that a company like HP does not provide a single point of contact for resolving a simple warranty issue. It's a shame... but I'll not give up opening case issues until they fix it! xD

Fortunately I managed to get an email from Amazon confirming they provide 2 years warranty from the date of purchase.

Update: I complained on HPE twitter account and fortunately Customer Relations contacted me and are fixing the Warranty issue :)

Here is their email in case someone faces the same issue:

crt@hpe.com

Cheers

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Hi all,

I've just got my gen8 last week and tried to update the warranty without success so far...

First I opened a case, then next day the case was closed without any contact.

Opened a second case and then called me a girl that said, cases are for hardware issues and give me and email address...

Sent an email and received a reply saying that's not the right department and given me a link...

I checked the link and it goes to the page to open a case... :(

It's a real pain getting the required support. Shame for a brand like HP...

I'll try the email from Sofianito...