fossilnews

Anyone using Google Wifi?

fossilnews    5
fossilnews

Any chance you could give us a review of your experience?  Thanks in advance!

Dave    277
Dave

I debated purchasing a 3 pack.  I've tested eero, luma, Almond 3, and am waiting to test Orbi. 

whsbuss    10
whsbuss

Sold out at BestBuy and MicoCenter - recent tests on youtube

Edited by whsbuss

Jason    56
Jason

My recent Orbi tests were disappointing. May try Google Wifi next.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

whsbuss    10
whsbuss

Got a 3-pack today. Running good so far but I cannot change the WAN config from DHCP to Static IP. Sent a request to Google wifi care but no response yet. Setup was super easy.

awraynor    97
awraynor

If I were searching today I would assuredly look at Google Wifi, especially for the price.

I'm on Eero, but since the big, recent update I've been having some connectivity issues. 

whsbuss    10
whsbuss

If I were searching today I would assuredly look at Google Wifi, especially for the price.

I'm on Eero, but since the big, recent update I've been having some connectivity issues. 

I like Google so far but the app has some issues 1) can't set WAN static IP 2) can't get to bridge mode.

Been on hold w/Google wifi care for an hour,,,,, sucks

whsbuss    10
whsbuss

After working w/Google I have decided to return my google wifi. If you need bridge mode, I'm sorry to say that when connected in mesh mode you cannot place the primary hub in bridge mode. The only way to get into bridge mode is when the primary is NOT in mesh mode. What good is that?

And for some strange reason they don't allow setting a static IP for the WAN. They gave me some crap about the software knows its connected to a router and not a modem. I really liked the units and got very good coverage but the software is VERY limited.

schoondoggy    588
schoondoggy

After working w/Google I have decided to return my google wifi. If you need bridge mode, I'm sorry to say that when connected in mesh mode you cannot place the primary hub in bridge mode. The only way to get into bridge mode is when the primary is NOT in mesh mode. What good is that?

And for some strange reason they don't allow setting a static IP for the WAN. They gave me some crap about the software knows its connected to a router and not a modem. I really liked the units and got very good coverage but the software is VERY limited.

Can you post some of your test results? Throughput, coverage, testing tools?

whsbuss    10
whsbuss

Coverage for 2900 sq ft home was good, cover any dead/weak spots. Placed primary in center of home in 2nd for office. Then a node at each end of the home. Didn't do much testing since I had it for less than 24 hours. For the limited observations, all devices had excellent connectivity. Did notice it took 2-5 minutes for devices roaming to connect to the nearest one.

Even the wife liked the foot print of these units compared to the AmpliFi mesh antennas. But google needs to work really hard getting the software to provide more capabilities. Especially the bridge mode.... how could they possibly think having only one node do bridge and not the entire mesh network is beyond me. But I think the software is just a hacked OnHub version. Hopefully they will fix things over the next 6 months. If not, eero will continue to eat their lunch.