RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

standard or HPE Version?

yuripace

Hi, 

in these days i'm trying different esxi version, comparing performance and funcionalities.

I cannot understand the difference between the HP customized esxi and the standard ESXi. I know that the standard esx miss some hp drivers and tools (ie: the hpvsa driver), so i would expect that using standard esx something on the microserver is not working: but with big surprise all is working very well. 

So whats the real difference?m If my raid0 in the standard version is working well, why the hp version use the buggy hpvsa driver?

my config is: microserver gen8, 4gb ram, intel xeon e3-1220v2, 1 SSD in raid0 mode

Thanks for your help

Yuri

Hi,

in these days i'm trying different esxi version, comparing performance and funcionalities.

I cannot understand the difference between the HP customized esxi and the standard ESXi. I know that the standard esx miss some hp drivers and tools (ie: the hpvsa driver), so i would expect that using standard esx something on the microserver is not working: but with big surprise all is working very well.

So whats the real difference?m If my raid0 in the standard version is working well, why the hp version use the buggy hpvsa driver?

my config is: microserver gen8, 4gb ram, intel xeon e3-1220v2, 1 SSD in raid0 mode

Thanks for your help

Yuri

HP version integrated HP drivers, which will make life easier.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

HP version integrated HP drivers, which will make life easier.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

i know this..please explain your reply..im now testing esx 6.0 from hp with 088 downgraded driver. performance ok but lot of "lost acccess to volume", that i never had with a standard esxi.

So..whats the real difference between the 2 version? 

Big thing is the B120i software raid driver that is missing in esxi base

ok, but why my standard esx with single ssd in raid 0 is working if the b120i driver is missing?

Raid 0 single drive probably would work without the driver but do raid 1 or raid 0 multidrive and it would not recognize both drives.