Well I received my shield on Saturday and immediately hooked it up.
1. Setup was painless.
2. The performance was amazing. By far the quickest I have seen from any media playback device.
3. Playback quality was great. I did not see any issues and it played every bit as good as my HTPC.
4. DTS-Ma audio pass through perfectly to the reciever.
1. TrueHD sound tracks still not supported which means 30% of my existing movies do not pass through the receiver and end up playing as PCM not the native sound track.
2. Audio controls are a bit quirky in Plex. There seems to be an overlap in functionality and they do not necessarily behave as you would expect.
Once again we have another one of these devices that claims pass through that does not work correctly. Yes it is the closest I have seen yet but it is not quite there yet. Not sure if I am going to keep this.