RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)
migueltg

ESXi 6.5 B120i (hpvsa) HP Microserver Gen8 Low performance

mcgrog
1 hour ago, mcgrog said:

fed it into one of my gen8's through ilo, fired up a vm and got these results from a speed test in the vm with its osd vmdk on an evo 850

*in the odd sata II bay

Manfred

Hi,
having the same issue running

* HP Microserver Gen8
* HPE Customized Image ESXi 6.5.0 Update 2 version 650.U2.9.6.8 released on September 2018 and based on ESXi 6.5.0 Update 2 Vmkernel Release Build 9298722.
* all Storage on HP Raid

Following procedure...

- Uninstalled the hpvsa 5.5.0-102
- Installed the hpvsa 5.5.0-88
(- DID NOT esxcli system module set –enabled=false –module=vmw_ahci )
- Rebooted

...ended up in:

Boot failed with error "Two filesystems with the same UUID have been detected. Make sure you do not have two ESXi installations"
After overriding this issue, i was glad that the system booted again, but all changes seem somehow reverted (Driver Verison: hpvsa 5.5.0-102)

Did anyone test Driver Downgrade on HPE Customized Image ESXi 6.5.0 Update 2 ?
Do you think disabling module=vmw_ahci should solve my problem and is worth a try ?

mcgrog: Do you think the performance issue should not be present in HPE-ESXi-6.5.0-Update2 any more?

Thanks for your sugestions,
Manfred

Edited by Manfred
mistyping and 3rd question

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• Sokoban
      By Sokoban
      Hi 
      My HP Proliant Microserver Gen 8 won't install HP Tools when I have running HP Smart Update Manager. 
      even when I have trying to install via Intelligent Provising, Windows Server 2019.

Se image below 🙂 That's I missing.. ;-(

• Karazzi
      By Karazzi
      Hi everyone.

New to this forum.
      I have a gen8 microserver running at home, where I have installed an SSD in the ODD sata slot. On the SSD I have installed Ubuntu Server 18.04.
      I have then created a logical volume witht the raid controller and can then boot to the SSD. So far so good.
      My problem emerges when I reboot the system. The logical volume disapears and it gives the error: "boot logical drive is configured but is missing or offline".
      I then have to go into the utility and reconfigure the logical volume. Kind of annoying, when trying to run a headless setup.

• Mark Belanger
      By Mark Belanger
      Greetings,

I'm new to the HPMSG8 world and so far I'm loving it. I have a stock Xeon with 16G of aftermarket memory with iLO patched to 2.70. Next up is adding a RAID card, so I can put my boot SSD on the onboard RAID. I picked up a LSI SAS9211-8i on Amazon, but am struggling to flash it to IT mode on the MicroServer. Is this even possible? Unfortunately, the only other system I have with PCI slots is 32-bit.

Any pointers would be greatly appreciated.

-MB