RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

NANO SERVER on gen8

twister5800

Hi,

And thanks for a great community :-)

I have been baffeling with NANO server on gen8, I have created the file (iso) with Nano Image Builder, and also choosen to install the hpsa2.inf driver for the b120 sa controller, but no matter what, I cannot see the storage when it get's to partitioning.

booting Win 2016 ISO and choosing install, it cannot see storage either, but I insert a USB with the hpsa2.inf driver, and suddenly magic starts to happen so driver is ok  - but not with nano server I gBess.

I have also choosen to run nano in developer assisted mode, if there should be a problem with unsigned drivers, but still the same outcome.

Anyone have played with this so far?

Best regards

Martin :-)

It might be from your RAID configuration.
I installed 2016 w/ desktop and it worked like a charm. No need to show it any inf driver.

Edited by sunday

It might be from your RAID configuration.

I installed 2016 w/ desktop and it worked like a charm. No need to show it any inf driver.

Thanks for your reply.

I also have installed 2016 Server with and WITHOUT Desktop Experience, it works great when adding the storage driver. But Nano Server does not :-/

Edited by twister5800

I did not need to add any storage driver. Used Intelligent Provisioning.

Okay I could try to use that...

Have you set embedded controller for legacy or AHCI, mine is RAID.. in Bios?

I'm already at 2016.10, but have not used Intelligent Provisioning :-) - That's why you weren't asked for storage driver....let's see if it supports Microsoft NANO server :-)

I will return with the results :-)

Update: with 2016 server ISO, all is good, but with the Nano server is says this (Because it cannot find the files IP is looking for :-( )

gen8nano.PNG