RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

Cannot connect to Highpoint Rocketraid 2720 SGL

Javaan

Hi all,

as my data nees increase, I have bought a Highpoint RocketRaid 2720 SGL (mounted on an ASUS P9X79 Motherboard), to which 8x4 TB WD RED HDD are attached. The idea is to have these disks operate in a RAID5 setup. In the process of this rebuild, I am reinstalling my Windows 8.1 Pro 64 bit operating system. As one of the first things I wanted to configure the RAID, so that I can immediately transfer data and set everything up properly. However, no matter what slot I choose for the controller, I cannot seem to get past the "The connection between WebGUI and RocketRAID HBA has been interruptted, WebGUI will try to reconnect RocketRAID HBA in X second(s)." error message. is it a BIOS thing? Might be, I have downbloaded the latest BIOS from the web, but -assuming that I do not really have to make a bootable USB stick based DOS startup drive as we are in 2016 (please tell me I'm correct :-) ) - I am hoping for alternative ways. So, my questions:

- is there a way around the bootable USB stick way to update the bios?

- does that solve the connection issue?

Many thanks for your help!

Best regards from Holland

This could be nothing more than a bad breakout cable.  If I understand you correctly, you want to create a second array using SSD drives and copy the data from the 4TB drives over to the new array, correct?  Why not just use 5x480gig drives instead of 10x240?

Hi,

many thanks for your reply. my apologies if I have been unclear. I have opened a new thread, because my initial post was not understandable, even for me. I unfortunately cannot delete it. Mý new thread:

http://homeservershow.com/forums/index.php?/topic/11819-highpoint-rocketraid-2720-sgl-connection-and-bios-issues/

Best regards,

Jeroen