RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

Need Help - Installing SSD

obelix

I am running Windows 7 Pro on a Gen 8 MS with 2 HDDs in Raid 1. I am trying to migrate to a RAID SSD array with Samsung Data Center 843T drives.

I can see and use the SSDs when I boot the server with Knoppix; but the B120i and Windows 7 Pro OS do not see the SSDs at all. Any suggestions?

So far, I have partitioned and formatted the two SSDs to NTFS; Tried to use as a single drive, tried to recognize the drive via USB with a SATA-USB external cable. Nothing seems to work.

Yes to both questions; I have two 2TB HDDs in RAID 1 in slots 1 and 2 (from the left), have populated slots 3 and 4 with two 480GB SSDs.

Are you entering the B120i setup during boot? The RAID1 pair of HDD was setup on the B120i? Have you tried the offline version of SSA to setup the drives in the B120i?

I entered the B120i setup (with F5) during boot, but these two SSDs do not show up there. I have not tried the offline SSA yet, I will do that and report back. Thanks.

This one from Icy Dock here:

ICY DOCK EZConvert MB882SP-1S-2B 2.5" to 3.5" SATA 6 Gbps SSD & HDD Converter / Adapter / Mounting Kit / Bracket

Basically a spring loaded box with the SATA connector at the correct place, I only had to move the mounting bracket from the old cage to this one. The contact is solid (and I am able to see both drives from Knoppix).