RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

Sophos XG V16 released

On 6/28/2018 at 11:37 PM, pcdoc said:

If you have not seen it and you want to blow an hour

Just went back and re-watched part of your nice recording. I think their terminology "Static IP MAC mapping" is at odds with normal usage. What they have I would call a 'dhcp reservation' in that it is given out via dhcp if a request is received from that mac address. If the device with that mac address never asks for an assignment, the setting is ineffective. If I 'assign a static ip' to a device I do that on the device and it never asks for one via dhcp.

too bad they don't synchronize a 'ip host' name to go with  the reservation so you have to copy the reserved ip from the dhcp setup into the ip host definition.

or maybe I am just picky... in any case thanks for the fine video!

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• pcdoc

• nrf

• Jason

• Dragon_Void

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

There is a native VPN client that is based on OpenVPN that works great. I use it every day.  It ties nicely into the firewall rules and is more part of the system.  OpenVPN clients can also use it and

I3 is a great choice.   Mine has been running on a I5-4570S low power edition but it is way too much.  I rarely get above 10% but that is what I had laying around when I built my firewall.  I am in th

I will be posting some video on my new setup as I plan to start from scratch and walk through it from the beginning.  The new setup wizard is much better than V16 so the initial setup and run is far e

Posted Images