pcdoc

Sophos XG V16 released

nrf

Actually I wanted port 4 anyway so all is well in the end. It provided an opportunity to try out the new way of selecting the ports myself.

Jason

How has your experience been from Sophos UTM 9 to XG? Debated migrating during my time off for Thanksgiving holiday. Admittedly I’ve given myself every excuse not to, but simply hate the 50 IP limit.

nrf

it was ok just different, decided I wanted to do something else with the server so went back to utm in 32 bit mode on the dimension.

Poppapete

Can I add my open mesh MR1750's to the sophos XG.  Have setup the V17 in Bridge Mode and all the wired clients seem to be working but I can't get sophos to see the AP's (both are wired to the LAN)

nrf

what do you mean by 'see'? the wireless parts of of sophos appear to be related to their own wireless hardware products.

Poppapete

By see I mean that they are no longer show in the DHCP table of my router and cloudtrax reports them as offline. 

pcdoc
On 11/18/2017 at 7:39 PM, Poppapete said:

Can I add my open mesh MR1750's to the sophos XG.  Have setup the V17 in Bridge Mode and all the wired clients seem to be working but I can't get sophos to see the AP's (both are wired to the LAN)

Sorry for the slow response.  It certainly will work fine as I used to run the MR1750 and we run it at work but you will have to bridge the AP to the LAN in Cloudtrax but that should be the case for any firewall.  If I recall, the AP itself will not show in the DHCP listing but works fine.  It will not see it as a Sophos AP however as that is intended to work only with their APs as it serves as the controller.  Do you have the MR coming into a separate NIC in Sophos or just part of the main network?

Poppapete

I have 2 MR1750's connected via a 24 port switch.

itGeeks
17 hours ago, pcdoc said:

Sorry for the slow response.  It certainly will work fine as I used to run the MR1750 and we run it at work but you will have to bridge the AP to the LAN in Cloudtrax but that should be the case for any firewall.  If I recall, the AP itself will not show in the DHCP listing but works fine.  It will not see it as a Sophos AP however as that is intended to work only with their APs as it serves as the controller.  Do you have the MR coming into a separate NIC in Sophos or just part of the main network?

Mike your not using the MR1750's anymore? By the sound of it your not using Open Mesh anymore, What are you using and y did you change?

pcdoc
2 hours ago, Poppapete said:

I have 2 MR1750's connected via a 24 port switch.

That was the exact configuration I was running.  Can you explain what exactly is not being seen or what the symptoms are?

26 minutes ago, itGeeks said:

Mike your not using the MR1750's anymore? By the sound of it your not using Open Mesh anymore, What are you using and y did you change?

I am running one on the family network but have moved to the AC Pro on my main network.

http://thedocsworld.net/switching-from-the-open-mesh-mr1750-to-unify-pa-ac-pro/