RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)
pcdoc

Sophos XG V16 released

pcdoc

Does v16 support tunnels? I have two tunnels now, and it would be a bummer if that isn't supported.

Sorry about the delay in responding.  I assume you are talking about VPN tunnels?  If so then yes it does support it though I not sure how you are getting two.

Dragon_Void

Sorry about the delay in responding. I assume you are talking about VPN tunnels? If so then yes it does support it though I not sure how you are getting two.

Decided to install it on my Gen8. Couldn't get it to boot, so I decided to just go back to PFSENSE.

pcdoc

Decided to install it on my Gen8. Couldn't get it to boot, so I decided to just go back to PFSENSE.

Sorry to hear that.

Dragon_Void

Sorry to hear that.

I'll keep an eye open though, if I can get it to boot, I'll try it out.

io1901

Installed this to replace UTM 9.4 and couldn't get it to connect through ppoe - it said it had connected at 100 half duplex but no internet. Seems slow as well.

pcdoc

Installed this to replace UTM 9.4 and couldn't get it to connect through ppoe - it said it had connected at 100 half duplex but no internet. Seems slow as well.

I assume you did a clean install?  What kind of hardware was this on.

io1901

I assume you did a clean install?  What kind of hardware was this on.

The same hardware the UTM ran on - a Gigabyte 1037u board. Clean install on new disk. Of course I haven't checked if it's at all suitable for the new version ;).

pcdoc

The same hardware the UTM ran on - a Gigabyte 1037u board. Clean install on new disk. Of course I haven't checked if it's at all suitable for the new version ;).

That is bizarre.  I am sure the hardware is compatible.  Let us know if you try again.  We need a few more people to give it a test drive.  So far I am truly loving it.

nrf

We need a few more people to give it a test drive.  So far I am truly loving it.

yes please, I am gunshy at the moment and the  more we can hear here the better!

snapper

We need a few more people to give it a test drive.  

I spun it up quickly in a VM and it looks quite nice.

Planning to try it properly as soon as i get a moment - just need to work out why the WAN vSwitch is causing the cable modem to lock onto another MAC rather than the first VM DHCP request...