RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

so with the podcast gone...

nrf

When you made this post there were 111 people active in the forum.  I would hardly call that inactive.  There is the RESET podcast that I am doing and refer to this forum as well as both the SG and HA Forums.  I also have a plan in action to change around these three forums to make them even better.  I personally feel that these forums are the best they have ever been and I'll strive to make them even better in the coming years.

• Like 2

active reading perhaps as an archive of knowledge, my permanent tab for this site is for 'new' postings and the rate has dwindled to near naught

(search for active posts in the last week and you will see that I started both threads myself)

...maybe that is evidence of the same trend to NAS that led to pivot of your podcast. it used to be a really lively and informative place but not so much these days. 

Edited by nrf

The vast majority of the content over the past 18 months or so has been all GEN8 and wireless related.  My WHS2011 is still running strong but I will probably be making the switch over to 2016 in a couple of months.

server 2016 requires a cpu with SLAT which rules out my microservers. and whs2011 is so much faster in its bare metal restore that I kind of regretted moving to 2012r2.

not sure I will be travelling down the 2016 path for a while

active reading perhaps as an archive of knowledge, my permanent tab for this site is for 'new' postings and the rate has dwindled to near naught

(search for active posts in the last week and you will see that I started both threads myself)

...maybe that is evidence of the same trend to NAS that led to pivot of your podcast. it used to be a really lively and informative place but not so much these days. 

If I am reading this correctly, do you think there have only been two new threads started this week and both are by you?

I see four new threads started so far today alone.

• Like 1

I'll take active readers all day long.  There is an ebb and flow to a forum.  Much the same with podcast downloads. There were more than two thanks to Schoon and his woot offs.  Rarely do I walk in a room and proclaim that it stinks.   ;)

• Like 1

Not to pile on, but if you dig into the OEM server posts, HP, Dell,,, many of them are actually ESXi and server OS questions. Home virtualization lab is a hot topic, media delivery like Plex and NVidia Shield are hot topics, Wifi, firewall and networking are hot topics. Don't judge a thread by its title.