RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

B120i No storage disk

wiruzdk

i tried using VMware-ESXi-6.0.0-Update2-3620759-HPE-600.9.5.0.48-Apr2016 but i stil ran into the same problem, i even get a warning that i cant use the drive on the host when the controller is being passthrough, but how the hell am i going to add a virtual server if the drive is gone ???

ayQv8fP.jpg

Edited by wiruzdk

It is a bit hard to see in the screen shot, but I don't see the B120i. Which controller are you selecting for pass through?

When you pass through a storage controller to a VM, then the controller is only available to that VM.

What are you trying to achieve?

i have tried both using ahci and legacy but i get the same result.

i try to get a working xpenology running but i whant it to work without a virtual drive and instead with passthrough

just like in this video

but when i passthrough my controller then the server cant find any disk after restart :(

If you tried AHCI and legacy you are not using the B120i. How many disks do you have in the server? What are you booting esxi from?

If you tried AHCI and legacy you are not using the B120i. How many disks do you have in the server? What are you booting esxi from?

i have 2 disk in it at the moment and i have tried raid 1 and then it is the b120i but i stil have the same problem