RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

Registaration Fails - is my Server new?

Peter8000

Hello,

i bought a new HP Proliant Microserver Gen8 on Amazon (NEW, no Marcetplace or anything). They send me two of them, both HP said are already registred.

If I try to rgister them on the HP Support Center I do get the error message:

"This entitlement does not exist. Please review the entitlement identifier and make any necessary edits, or check the box to remove this item."

Checking the warranty on the HP Warranty Checking Page:

http://h20564.www2.hpe.com/hpsc/wc/public/home

Both servers are already registered (one in May an one in August this Year).

Following this I took a look in the iLO Event Log and found, both servers have the Event Log been reset bevore I got them. The Log-Number starts with 200 something.

Seeing all this I do have an ungood feeling. Are the servers been used?

How was It with your servers? Have you had any trouble? Reccomendations?

Thank You and Regards

Peter

The two I bought from ebuyer were the same. Warranty date gets set when it ships to the reseller and ILO counter is incremented by some initial testing.

You can ask HP to change the warranty date

• Like 1

The two I bought from ebuyer were the same. Warranty date gets set when it ships to the reseller and ILO counter is incremented by some initial testing.

You can ask HP to change the warranty date

I had the same issues with my ML10 V2. The HPE site showed warranty as only have 6 months left on a new purchase, All I had to do was send a copy of my purchase receipt to HPE and they fixed everything.

• Like 1

I had the same issues with my ML10 V2. The HPE site showed warranty as only have 6 months left on a new purchase, All I had to do was send a copy of my purchase receipt to HPE and they fixed everything.

That's what I also done. Just open a case with HPE support and send them your receipt.