RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

P420 high temp's

xtehsea

Hey guys

Hoping someone might have some advice or experience with this before.

I have a P420 running Raid 1+0 with 4 SSD's and the fan in my ML10 is sitting at 90%.

iLO is reporting that my raid card is sitting at 90 degree's which is triggering the fan.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Cheers

Hey guys

Hoping someone might have some advice or experience with this before.

I have a P420 running Raid 1+0 with 4 SSD's and the fan in my ML10 is sitting at 90%.

iLO is reporting that my raid card is sitting at 90 degree's which is triggering the fan.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Cheers

=============================

Hi xtehsea.

I ended up putting a 60cm fan at the back of the extra PCIe slots using wire ties...

Here is a link to my original post asking about adding an extra fan, and the responses:

http://homeservershow.com/forums/index.php?/topic/10751-second-fan-in-hp-ml10-and-new-machine-setup/

and here is a link to a picture of my solution:

http://imageshack.com/i/poLHeHOkj

Hopefully this will help with cooling the P420 down, and then dropping your case fan to 6% like mine runs all the time.

gib

Ah that would be perfect if i didnt have another NIC using another one of my slots.

I guess il have to mod it and fit one in there.

Glad to hear its an actual temp issue and not an issue with the firmware etc as i thought 90 degree's was a bit high and was wondering if my iLO was having an issue reading temp's

Ah that would be perfect if i didnt have another NIC using another one of my slots.

I guess il have to mod it and fit one in there.

Glad to hear its an actual temp issue and not an issue with the firmware etc as i thought 90 degree's was a bit high and was wondering if my iLO was having an issue reading temp's

If you look at the front of the PCIe slot space you can see an area where a fan could be mounted. You could put one there, that is where the PCIe slot fan for the ML30 goes. This fan doesn't work in the ML10V2 because of no motherboard connector. However a regular case fan can be installed in the space with a splitter for power on the molex power connector for CD/HDs. Probably won't cool quite as much as my setup because it wouldn't be blowing directly on the heat sink, but it should give you airflow.

Yea so im going to pickup a 90mm fan and put it near the front of the case, just below the hard drive bay with the intent on pushing air over the raid card and out through the back of the case.

I noticed that the second fan header is missing which is a bit piss poor to save that 5c but okay, molex it is.

Do you reckon many people have upgraded their PSU's to get more power plugs or just using multiple adaptors?

Cheers

Yea so im going to pickup a 90mm fan and put it near the front of the case, just below the hard drive bay with the intent on pushing air over the raid card and out through the back of the case.

I noticed that the second fan header is missing which is a bit piss poor to save that 5c but okay, molex it is.

Do you reckon many people have upgraded their PSU's to get more power plugs or just using multiple adaptors?

Cheers

I don't remember reading about anyone upgrading power supplies. I just used  a couple of molex splitters and one single molex to dual sata power.