RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

HPE Microserver Gen8 Setup Help

brianscrivener

Hi Guys, Im pretty new to the HP Microserver Gen8 but i did have an old N54L before what i had windows 8.1 installed. so i have come here for a little help from you guys

Question ##1

Whats Best Opertaing Sytem to use as i will be useing it for my Plex and maybe other things like Emby and Subsonic, Sonarr, CouchPotato

i have a Windows 8.1 Pro & Activatation Code, anyone know of any step by step tutorials i can view from start to finish. it all seems over whelming 

with drivers and bios drivers etc. any links to any updates or drivers would be great

Divers for network cards and raid cards etc i have been to the HP site but when i click on drivers there are so many for network and raid cards and none are for windows 8.1... i could extract the drivers from Windows Server 2012 etc

If your concern is lack of know how, might I suggest you look at the Plex Cloud service? Put your media on Amazon Drive and get Plex Pass subscription, and they'll run your Plex server for you.

• Like 1

If your concern is lack of know how, might I suggest you look at the Plex Cloud service? Put your media on Amazon Drive and get Plex Pass subscription, and they'll run your Plex server for you.

Looked at that but uploading media for distribution is against there TOS and how long do you think it will be before someone ends up in court for copyrighted material. We have our own servers for a reason lol but thanks anyhow :)

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Looked at that but uploading media for distribution is against there TOS and how long do you think it will be before someone ends up in court for copyrighted material. We have our own servers for a reason lol but thanks anyhow :)

It seems you don't understand the difference between distribution and personal use. Distribution would be if you bulk upload your media and leave it openly accessible, e.g. via anonymouse FTP. Personal use would be entirely in line with running your own Plex server. Now stop FUDing.