RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

Replace stock exhaust fan with 4 Pin?

Nifs

Hello!

Does anyone have a diagram for wiring up a 4pin pwm to the HP Gen8 Microserver header?

Tried out different arrangements, but am having some problems.

Followed the diagram found on another post, but the server goes in a boot loop with a fan error in bios with this.

post-8123-0-04585200-1394609710.png

I've tried a few fans, Noctua NF-F12, Cooltek SilentFan 120 and a few other generic 4pin fans without any luck..

Managed to get it running by putting the yellow wire to the ground, but the fan never spins up so the heat gets too much after a while.

Having a LSI Raidcard aswell as having upgraded the cpu to a E3-1240V2 doesnt help on the heat output .. :)

Any help would be appriciated

Thanks

Nifs

Edited by Nifs

• 3 weeks later...

Hello!

Does anyone have a diagram for wiring up a 4pin pwm to the HP Gen8 Microserver header?

Tried out different arrangements, but am having some problems.

Followed the diagram found on another post, but the server goes in a boot loop with a fan error in bios with this.

post-8123-0-04585200-1394609710.png

I've tried a few fans, Noctua NF-F12, Cooltek SilentFan 120 and a few other generic 4pin fans without any luck..

Managed to get it running by putting the yellow wire to the ground, but the fan never spins up so the heat gets too much after a while.

Having a LSI Raidcard aswell as having upgraded the cpu to a E3-1240V2 doesnt help on the heat output .. :)

Any help would be appriciated

Thanks

Nifs

Hey I'm having the exact CPU like you with a P212 controller and 5 disks, Raid 0 on odd boot disk managed by integrated raid controller and Raid5 on 4 disks managed by P212 and I have no issue with heat. Idle temp is 36. Also the cooler stays at 18%.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk