RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

i3-3240 with G1610T heatsink

user

Hi Team,

I'm thinking of buying the new i3-3240t or the i3-3240, but I've not made the decision yet.

I would like to know how the default G1610T heatsink can handle the i3-3240 55W.

Also it would be nice to know the power consumption of the i3-3240 during idle/high load periods.

any other suggestions to buy i5 or xeon cpu?

Thanks

no problems here, the i3 series of processors are very inexpensive in the UK compared to Xeons.

Best bang for buck is the 1265L v2 - but these are getting more expensive!

it comes down to what do you want to do with your Gen8.

Edited by einsteinagogo

I'm running an E3 1290v2 with the stock heatsink, and it stays well within the CPU's thermal limits even under the most extreme synthetic loads (prime95, cpuminer).

I'm so afraid of buying used CPU.. dunno why. :] I see I could buy the new i3-3240t under 125eu in the local shop. Dunno if it is worth such amount of money.. I'm based in Europe.

Hit ebay, search for i3-3240t, then select "sold items", and see what the recent going rate has been for them. That should give you a reasonable range for what it's worth.

Hit ebay, search for i3-3240t, then select "sold items", and see what the recent going rate has been for them. That should give you a reasonable range for what it's worth.

wow! many thanks m8. :) I think I'll buy i3-3220T under 30Eu. One dude is selling it in my town.. :)