RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

Win 10 on a ML 10V2

gibster

Hi.

Anyone know if the HP management tools will install on Win10? Thinking about replacing WS 2012 R2  Essentials with Win10 Pro. Haven't been able to figure out if the HD Controller (P222) and management software will work with Win10 and don't want to experiment unless I know for sure it will.

I'll do some googleing and check around HP's site when I get some time off, but thought I'd post a quick question here in case someone has already been through this.

Cheers

Hi.

Anyone know if the HP management tools will install on Win10? Thinking about replacing WS 2012 R2  Essentials with Win10 Pro. Haven't been able to figure out if the HD Controller (P222) and management software will work with Win10 and don't want to experiment unless I know for sure it will.

I'll do some googleing and check around HP's site when I get some time off, but thought I'd post a quick question here in case someone has already been through this.

Cheers

It has been a while since I played with Win 10 on a ML10 v2, but it seems to me everything worked fine from a driver, Windows Server 2012r2, point of view. The SSA or ACU  to manage the P222 worked. What other management software were you concerned about? 

• Like 1

It has been a while since I played with Win 10 on a ML10 v2, but it seems to me everything worked fine from a driver, Windows Server 2012r2, point of view. The SSA or ACU  to manage the P222 worked. What other management software were you concerned about? 

Only the Controller software to be able to add/remove drives, and of course have Win10 recognize the P222. 

I think after running WS2012 R2 Essentials for a while, I've determined that it is more then I really need for a home server solution and as long as I can get the ML10 V2 and associated hardware running correctly I would be better served by just using Win10 Pro for my solution.