RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

Intelligent Provisioning 1.63

dandodex

Hi all,

I just got myself a Gen8 MicroServer and already spent a few hours understanding how the whole HPE server management systemm works.

I have managed to update iLo from 2.40 to 2.44, but for the life of me I cannot find how to upgrade Intelligent Provisioning from 1.62 to 1.63!

Anyone know where I can get it from?

I thought it would be included in SPP 2016.04 but it doesn't appear under "Localhost Guided Update".

With 1.62 the firmware upgrade option doesn't work since HP decided to move all support behind a paywall. 1.63 is supposed to fix this (so it should work for those of us still under warranty):

http://www8.hp.com/uk/en/products/server-software/product-detail.html?oid=5219984

Intelligent Provisioning 1.63 enables new 8 GB SD cards as a target for deploying VMware®
Intelligent Provisioning 1.63 supports all HPE ProLiant Gen8 platforms, options and operating systems

But clicking download takes me to version 2.40 (this is the old version for Gen9)

These advisories indicate that 1.63 will fix the firmware upgrade issue:

This link lists all Intelligent Provisioning Recovery Media up to 1.62b, but there is no 1.63:

Here's even the release notes!

Thanks!

Dan

Responding to myself... looking online I found this link in a chinese forum. I don't speak chinese but gave the link a try as it is direct from HP:

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib2/software1/cd/p1450150448/v108035/HPIP163.2016_0720.i192.227.iso

I have tried it in my server and it worked just fine. Attached is the firmware upgrade section where interestingly I appear to have newer versions of everything already installed!

Firmware section with IntProv 1.63.png

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...