RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)
Sign in to follow this  
Nelg

Allow Local Area Network FTP Scanner Folder Access

Nelg

Hi All,

I am setting up a MicroServer with Windows Home Server 2011 running as a file server at my home (local area network).

On my old file server, I was able to scan documents at my Brother MFC and send them directly to a the user's folder on the file-server via FTP.

WHS 2011 is proving a little more challenging to setup.  Could someone please help with how to configure WHS2011?

I've seen the youtube video by Mike on setting up WHS 2011 and FTP, but it only enables one central storage folder, rather than sending scanned documents to a user's individual folder.

any help much appreciated.

Thanks

jmwills

I think a lot of this will depend on the software supplied by the scanner.  You could need to create a Send To profile, or whatever they call it, that would correspond to the destination folder.  That account running the profile would need Read/Write privileges on the destination folder.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• steeve
      By steeve
      History: 
      Currently have N40 which I used to backup my laptop to using Crashplan (as well as to Crashplan cloud), replaced Crashplan with Backblaze when CP removed consumer backup, but BB does not have a local backup.

Current:
      Have a Gen8 which I am in the process of transitioning to and would like to have local/lan backup of my laptop (plus other PCs) to my server.

I have previously tried Cobien, but had issues with it backing up over a network, constant fails.
      Also looked at rsync, but concerned it is very old and unsupported.

Question:
      Can someone recommend software I could run on my laptop to backup to my server, would be ok with software on server to receive backup as well.

Note: I realize this isn't strictly a Gen8 issue, but as this is far and away the most popular forum I thought I'd try my luck here.

Thanks for any help/advice people can offer.
    • fakiee
      By fakiee
      Hi, hoping for a bit of guidance on what todo with my N40L box.  I have it sat in the living room connected to the TV.  Its running Windows 10 with Kodi, sabnzb, torrents, and a bunch of discs with all my files and media.  I would like to have a solid setup that can be used to access my data,, share game ISOs, download NZBs, do backups, etc.

I'm going with WHS 2011, is this the best option considering the other HS OS's available such XPEnology, FreeNas, etc? 

Specs:

N40L:
      8GB ATI GPU BIOS Hack 128GB SSD (OS sitting in DVD Bay) 1.5TB HD 200gb HD 200 gb HD2 I have a 750GB SSD - not sure what to use this for?  
      Thanks for your help!

• Boogieshoes
      By Boogieshoes
      Hi folks,

I have had my install of WHS2011 for some time and with a static IP have been able to use remote access by switching on that service albeit not using microsoft's domain name registration.

The system has worked for about 5 years but is now grumbling about certificates when I login either remote or using one of my PCs on the local home network using mstsc.   The error message is attached.    Clearly if I click yes and ignore the error I can continue as I can when accessing the server using the static IP.  

I have looked at various posts about certificates and buying certificates for domain names etc. most of which the responses go over my head.

Any assistance that could help me address this would be gratefully received.

Boogie.

• Patient Steve
      By Patient Steve
      Guys, I have been struggling with clearOS 7.4 on my new Microserver Gen10 (base model, 16 GB RAM, 250 GB SDD in optical drive slot, nice piece of kit).  Most perplexing problem is that when I do an install and first reboot, Windows Networking (Samba) application works fine, but if I then simply reboot it will not start.

The guys on the clearOS forums have been spectacularly helpful but even they are running out of ideas.

A probably unrelated issue is that I don't seem to be able to connect via ftp - I keep getting 530 login incorrect messages.

Anyone come across anything similar?  Any thoughts?
    • Teetime
      By Teetime
      I have my WHS 2011 client PC database on its own dedicated drive. This drive is now showing errors, and the client pc backups are now not completing. I have a replacement drive and a backup of the client PC database made before the failure. How can I replace the client PC backup drive, restore the client PC database, AND have WHS 2011 continue to use the restored client PC database?