RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

Poca issues

craft211

I've been using Poca for about 1 month now. and I've noticed 2 different problems i'm having. i have it set at the install default of 5 Minutes for the "time between downloads." however. i have been finding that the add-in is having issues coming out of sleep state. it will stay in sleep mode for a while downloading my podcast up to 3 days late. i only have 4 podcasts for it to check. so I'm not over taxing the add-in. I've attempted to uninstall and reinstall, i have downgraded to the older release(0.6.10), as well as jumped back up to the new release(0.7.10). I've even gone as far to install it in a fresh build of WHS in a VM. still all the same problem.

as for the second problem. I've been attempting to use the "send email on download completion." and it will not work. I've tried 4 different SMTP accounts all work and verified info. nothing and as stated in the error i checked the logs. this is the entry i have for it,

9/23/2010 10:39:35 PM - UIMain - ERROR - Email transmit failure Failure sending mail. at System.Net.Mail.SmtpClient.Send(MailMessage message)

at Common.util.io.Net.sendEmail(String emailto, String emailfrom, String subject, String body, String serverAddress, String user, String pw, Boolean

now this makes no sense to me as i'm not a big coder. if anyone using this software is having these problems please share so i know its not just me. and if it is i guess i need to email the Dev.

thank you

• 9 months later...

I've been using Poca for about 1 month now. and I've noticed 2 different problems i'm having. i have it set at the install default of 5 Minutes for the "time between downloads." however. i have been finding that the add-in is having issues coming out of sleep state. it will stay in sleep mode for a while downloading my podcast up to 3 days late. i only have 4 podcasts for it to check. so I'm not over taxing the add-in. I've attempted to uninstall and reinstall, i have downgraded to the older release(0.6.10), as well as jumped back up to the new release(0.7.10). I've even gone as far to install it in a fresh build of WHS in a VM. still all the same problem.

as for the second problem. I've been attempting to use the "send email on download completion." and it will not work. I've tried 4 different SMTP accounts all work and verified info. nothing and as stated in the error i checked the logs. this is the entry i have for it,

9/23/2010 10:39:35 PM - UIMain - ERROR - Email transmit failure Failure sending mail. at System.Net.Mail.SmtpClient.Send(MailMessage message)

at Common.util.io.Net.sendEmail(String emailto, String emailfrom, String subject, String body, String serverAddress, String user, String pw, Boolean

now this makes no sense to me as i'm not a big coder. if anyone using this software is having these problems please share so i know its not just me. and if it is i guess i need to email the Dev.

thank you

I have also been using Poca and it seems to work correctly except a problem retaining the information to send the email notification. I enter all the correct information, try to send a test email and Poca tells me that this is not possible and the 'Apply' button remains greyed out but if I OK it then the email notifications work correctly. If I reopen the settings page all the information has disappeared and the notifications cease to work until I repeat the process. Any ideas?

Keith-UK

As for the Email problems you describing are odd and something that I haven't been able to reproduce.

I just re-setup email on my server going against gmail, I haven't been using the email notification for months.

I put in the configuration settings and clicked the test email button and it successfully sent the test mail. I then clicked the OK button at the bottom of the Windows Home Server Settings window and were still there when I re-opened the POCA settings all of the settings remained.

I don't know what settings your entering, but you might want to make sure the to and from addresses are correctly formatted email addresses.

axoid,

Thanks for responding to this.

I have pm'd you with details of the email addresses and details I am using but I think they are OK. The apply button remains grey'd out the test email fails and the password remains as text rather than any obscuring.

I'd be most grateful for any advice you can offer as the addin works well apart from this.

Thanks for your help

Keith-UK