RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

Backups for both of my computers quit working mid-July

GWizITBiz

I have two computers that run automatic backup to my WHS 2011 server. I just learned that both have not had a successful backup since mid July.

My laptop's last successful backup was 07-13-16, the next attempt was on 07-19-16 and it was unsuccessful as were subsequent attempts. There were no attempts between these dates.

My desktop's last successful backup was 07-18, incomplete on 07-19, and unsuccessful on every attempt since then.

I have tried to run a manual back on each machine, but they fail unsuccessfully.

My WHS is up-to-date with all updates (maybe an update broke the server?)

It's looking like a WHS issue since that is the common element here. Any thoughts or ideas of where to begin would be appreciated.

an update...

• Make that three computers that stopped backing up on 07-19. I just noticed that my WMC computer also hasn't had a successful backup since 07-18
  • Also, I uninstalled and reinstalled the connector. Didn't fix the issue.

I have had this happen. Sometimes cancelling the backup and then setting it up again so it deletes all previous backups fixes it.

There is also an article over at tinkertry that you may want to check out. Hopefully this helps. Should apply to 2011 as well.

https://tinkertry.com/windows-server-2012-r2-essentials-repair-the-backup-database

Could be a corrupted backup database. Try repairing it.

On the WHS2011 Dashboard, click on Additional Client Computer Backup Tasks > Tools tab > Repair Now button.

Tried these suggestions without success. Ran backup repair...no problems found. Still struggling. Any additional thoughts would be appreciated.