RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)
itGeeks

How Does Untangle Stack Up? Considering another “smart router” solution at home?

itGeeks

Considering another “smart router” solution at home? Click the link to see how NG Firewall compares to the likes of Eero, Luma and others.

https://www.untangle.com/untangle-ng-firewall/untangle-at-home/

It has become extremely clear that Untangle is invested in home network security unlike some of the other great UTM solutions that some of you love, I am thinking to purchase the Asus RT-AC88u for testing soon. This could very well be a great drop-in solution that would not only provide great security but also WiFi for smaller places such as apartments/small houses.

Edited by itGeeks

awraynor

Considering another “smart router” solution at home? Click the link to see how NG Firewall compares to the likes of Eero, Luma and others.

https://www.untangle.com/untangle-ng-firewall/untangle-at-home/

It has become extremely clear that Untangle is invested in home network security unlike some of the other great UTM solutions that some of you love, I am thinking to purchase the Asus RT-AC88u for testing soon. This could very well be a great drop-in solution that would not only provide great security but also WiFi for smaller places such as apartments/small houses.

Interesting read. They mention you can run it on your own hardware, virtualized or through one of their devices.

Although they're complete, for home the devices aren't cheap. 

Can this distro run virtualized on my x86 based QNAP NAS. I posted on their forums and am awaiting an answer.