RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)
xbliss

Best RJ 45 CAT 6 Ethernet Jack crimping video tutorial for Dummies?

xbliss
Best RJ 45 CAT 6 Ethernet Jack crimping video tutorial for Dummies?  

Need to teach/ show a small bunch of workers in a small manufacturing / factory workshop how to splice an Ethernet cable and crimp it using an average/ standard Crimping tool. 

Not everyone speaks/ understands English well, but VISUAL CLARITY & CORRECT VISUAL METHODOLOGY will help. 

Why? Some of these people break the "jack", mostly its clip too often. Most of the jacks they have all over are in dire need of replacement and no cabling guy/ company will come do this, especially with the frequency with which they break these. 

And half the times wonder if something else is messing with the network when its just something as simple as this. 

Yes yes, you will say teach them not to break.. (will be doing that) but welcome to Asia and its issues. 

I'd rather have a few people learn how to fix the jacks, than pray & hope that 20/ 30 people never break the jack damage the cable. 

PS: I've you tubed this stuff a bit, but would prefer to go with something that folks recommend as being most CLEAR & EASY for a layman. 

Dave

You are looking for one? I can do a 5e for everyone if that helps. I have a 6 crimper but not sure if I have any ends in my bag. I doubt I do 6 ends to spec anyways!

ShadowPeo

If you are going to be producing cables for sale, please, please please make sure you pass them through a real certification meter, so many of the cables out there do not pass spec, hence I stick to a couple of brands that I have tested on a fluke and do pass spec.

xbliss

If you are going to be producing cables for sale, please, please please make sure you pass them through a real certification meter, so many of the cables out there do not pass spec, hence I stick to a couple of brands that I have tested on a fluke and do pass spec.

Ha ha! Not at all. Just so that they/ we can self fix when the Crimp Tab is broken (most of those are broken here) despite Boots. 

Cable - But a good one for the Female Jack would help as well. 

You are looking for one? I can do a 5e for everyone if that helps. I have a 6 crimper but not sure if I have any ends in my bag. I doubt I do 6 ends to spec anyways!

Should be fine if there aren't any online that are Fool proof :) 

ShadowPeo

If Dave or someone else does not do it first, I will try to do it Sunday, have a mass of other work to do as well though so I cannot make any promises.

I know I have keystones sitting on my desk, as for jacks I may still have a few in my supplies tub but I will have a look.

Oh, come to think of it I might be able to do one today, I have a cable to fix for a client