RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)
Sign in to follow this  
pcdoc

Intel Atom D410PT

pcdoc

I have a brand new in the box Intel D410PT motherboard/cpu. $48 shipped to US. Send me a PM or email if you want more information.

i-bystander

Tempting... how's this combo for an HTPC or an WHS build?

pcdoc

You will have to add a card (pci controller) if you want to expand it past the native two sata ports for WHS which is typical for these boards. Would not recommend it for HTPC as there is only on board VGA. The unit is better suited for a general purpose kitchen PC or a low cost WHS as long as you are willing to add a card at some point.

mrossco

You will have to add a card (pci controller) if you want to expand it past the native two sata ports for WHS which is typical for these boards. Would not recommend it for HTPC as there is only on board VGA. The unit is better suited for a general purpose kitchen PC or a low cost WHS as long as you are willing to add a card at some point.

Just built a PC using a similar mobo for my mom. The P4 it replaced met her needs, but it was loud, still ran XP and was throwing errors that made me feel uneasy. For the new box, I picked up an ITX case, similar mobo based on the D410 and a VESA bracket to attach it to the back of her monitor. For e-mail, assorted office apps and internet, it fit the bill nicely!

i-bystander

How's the power draw? Is it similar to the D510? I know it's single vs. dual - curious.

pcdoc

How's the power draw? Is it similar to the D510? I know it's single vs. dual - curious.

Never took it out of the box so I have not testes it. It is still factory sealed.

i-bystander

Never took it out of the box so I have not testes it. It is still factory sealed.

Sorry - meant to toss that question out to mrossco.

Edited by i-bystander

mrossco

Sorry - meant to toss that question out to mrossco.

Dunno. Will have to check. I'll take my amp meter out this weekend when I visit. I picked the 410 as opposed to the 510 for this specific setup because the board was inexpensive, and it was fanless. I have a single 60mm fan pulling air through the unit keeping everything cool and quiet.

As far as performance, it feels very much like my wife's netbook. This is not surprising since the 410 is basically a single-core w\HT unit just like the Atoms found in most netbooks. I love the i3, but the Atom platform will continue to be my first look when confronting a situation where I need to replace an aging P4.

pcdoc

Sorry guys, this item was just sold.

mrossco

Good to hear!

@i-bystander, I used a VERY old clamp multimeter and measured just under 20 watts when I measured the power cable from the powerstrip to the D410 ITX PC (5400RPM drive/slim optical drive).

Hope this helps!