RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

Cloud backup with Synology Now works with Amazon Drive

itGeeks

schoondoggy

I will be curious to see how this works out. I have not spent much time with Amazon storage myself, others I have spoken to were not very happy with it.

I just ran through a couple of tests with it.  Next podcast can talk about it too.  It certainly has pro's and con's.  Can't wait to chat about it on the podcast but please, discuss here!

This is still a good thing!  Options.

I just ran through a couple of tests with it.  Next podcast can talk about it too.  It certainly has pro's and con's.  Can't wait to chat about it on the podcast but please, discuss here!

This is still a good thing!  Options.

Won't this topic get in the way about talking about Home Automation.  :P

What, it's not the home automation show?  ;)

Ok, back to storage.  I think I may cancel the crashplan account that I haven't used in 8 months.  It renews in 62 days.  I also have unlimited Amazon Cloud so may just use this.

What, it's not the home automation show?   ;)

Ok, back to storage.  I think I may cancel the crashplan account that I haven't used in 8 months.  It renews in 62 days.  I also have unlimited Amazon Cloud so may just use this.

Dave please stop teasing us :P , When is the HSS podcast where you are going to talk about this?

I will be curious to see how this works out. I have not spent much time with Amazon storage myself, others I have spoken to were not very happy with it.

Is it possible those people where not using the correct service for there needs? As we know Amazon has tons of offerings and each offering is not created =

Edited by itGeeks

It's not a robust service. It's built to be easy to attract shoppers. Not Geeks. It's a great 2nd backup for your phone photos though.

Also, Synology backup is cryptic and you won't be able to grab files off that backup from a mobile app. It's a backup though. That's how it should be. Version in needs tested. I set mine with a long version history. Not tested.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

So if you retire CrashPlan are you satisfied there are no files in CrashPlan that you don't have locally to then sync to Amazon Cloud Drive?

I have 2.7 TB on CrashPlan and there is probably nothing there I can't do without, but that's a big risk. Then again I have no particular

love for the resource hog that CrashPlan is. 

I'm already using SyncBack Pro to backup to Amazon Cloud Drive. Biggest issue is my pitiful 4 mbps up takes forever for sizable backups.

Why all the hate for Crashplan?  I have been using it for years.  Love it!  Have it loaded on all my machines at home.  There restore feature is pretty fast!  

No hate. No hate. Just have moved on to a NAS that doesn't support it and looking for a solution.  I have multiple backups locally and all photos and videos are in multiple clouds.  Taking CP offline wouldn't be that big of a deal.