RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

My Luma Setup

adriciu

kmkramer71

Could you please copy and past all the info about the firmware after clicking this link? http://192.168.55.1/version

There is more about the firmware then your posting so I can't tell if your really up to date, See below for my results-

"firmware_version":"1.1-11","eos_version":"2016.08.12-2","build_version":"jenkins-luma-firmware-dev-CS-office-build-server-284"

Also regarding the app not showing the speed it is possible you have a bad Luma but more testing is needed, Do you have another iOS or Android device you could install the Luma app on to see if the speeds show?

I'll install the app on another device and test

{"firmware_version":"1.1-11","eos_version":"2016.08.12-2","build_version":"jenkins-luma-firmware-dev-CS-office-build-server-284"}

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• itGeeks

• brgreene

• awraynor

• schoondoggy

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Am I understanding its only wired devices that loose connection, You have tested that when your wired devices loose connection you can at that time browse the internet from wireless devices?   2. He

Update:

I guess I am going to have to try my old setup. I am having major DNS problems. I think this has been my problem. I really didn't pay attention to the errors.

Checking networking settings show 192.168.55.1 as the DNS server. Luma advises everything is open on there end and the problem is with Charter. Charter advises there are no problems. 

Sometimes I can get around the problems by entering Google's Public DNS in my computer's networking settings but this seems to be hit and miss. 

Not sure who it is. About a year ago Charter's DNS server crashed. I added Google's DNS in addition to Charter's in my old router. This is not an option in Luma. I tried two different switches and I experience the same problem. 

Thought it was only related to hardwired connections but when I used my laptop on wireless this past weekend I experienced the same problem. 

Anyone have any other ideas?

Thanks

I would like to thank everyone for their assistance. I just spent 30 minutes on the phone with Charter. They advised the signal is cutting in and out to my modem. I will have a technician here tomorrow morning. 

1. Wifi working on most devices.

2. Hardwired cutting in an out

Thanks gain for assistance. Hopefully, the problems will be fixed tomorrow. 

I would like to thank everyone for their assistance. I just spent 30 minutes on the phone with Charter. They advised the signal is cutting in and out to my modem. I will have a technician here tomorrow morning. 

1. Wifi working on most devices.

2. Hardwired cutting in an out

Thanks gain for assistance. Hopefully, the problems will be fixed tomorrow. 

Your welcome and good luck. I was going to ask you how old your modem is and recomend a modem swap for testing, Another forum member also had problems with Charter modem with Eero and a modem swap seems to have fixed most of his problems from what I understand. He went to Best Buy and purchased a new SB6190

Amazon https://www.amazon.com/ARRIS-SURFboard-SB6190-DOCSIS-Cable/dp/B016PE1X5K/ref=sr_1_1?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1472643851&sr=1-1&keywords=SB6190

Thread to topic http://homeservershow.com/forums/index.php?/topic/11559-router-and-dns-latency/

Your welcome and good luck. I was going to ask you how old your modem is and recomend a modem swap for testing, Another forum member also had problems with Charter modem with Eero and a modem swap seems to have fixed most of his problems from what I understand. He went to Best Buy and purchased a new SB6190

Amazon https://www.amazon.com/ARRIS-SURFboard-SB6190-DOCSIS-Cable/dp/B016PE1X5K/ref=sr_1_1?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1472643851&sr=1-1&keywords=SB6190

Thread to topic http://homeservershow.com/forums/index.php?/topic/11559-router-and-dns-latency/

Technician advised signal at pole is the problem. Scheduled a bucket truck to repair line. He also replaced the modem. He advised it should be better but would not be fixed until they fixed the line. I noticed two patches in the main line between my house and the normal connection. I did not have time to test before I left for work. I will check tonight.

Technician advised signal at pole is the problem. Scheduled a bucket truck to repair line. He also replaced the modem. He advised it should be better but would not be fixed until they fixed the line. I noticed two patches in the main line between my house and the normal connection. I did not have time to test before I left for work. I will check tonight.

Thanks for the update. Well a new updated modem is always a good start, What model modem did they install? 

Edited by itGeeks

Thanks for the update. Well a new updated modem is always a good start, What model modem did they install?

I agree a new modem never hurts. The new one is an Arris. The old one was 3 years old. Charter replaced the connection at the pole. Signals are good on modem.

Family advised internet problems all day. iPads only thing working. Hardwired or laptops connected via wifi not working. I figured the router needed to be reset with charter working on connection. Reset modem when I got home. It was late and just checked connection with iPad. Connection good and speed good. Checked computers this morning...same problem. DNS server not found.

I replaced Luma Router with old Linksys EA4500. Up and running in 5 minutes. All computers connecting wifi and Hardwired. No DNS problems. New switch performing great.

I opened a support ticket with Luma. No sure if I have a defective unit. But problem appears to be with them.

• 4 weeks later...

I wanted to give an update. It turned out Luma was not the problem. It was Charter. We had a total of 6 technicians come out. Finally a supervisor came out and got the problem fixed. They had to patch the main line in two different places. No Problems since then. 

I had already gotten frustrated with Luma and requested a refund. Decided to go ahead and return until they are feature complete or until I found something better. Still waiting on the check but it has only been 10 days since I returned the Luma.

I wanted to give an update. It turned out Luma was not the problem. It was Charter. We had a total of 6 technicians come out. Finally a supervisor came out and got the problem fixed. They had to patch the main line in two different places. No Problems since then. 

I had already gotten frustrated with Luma and requested a refund. Decided to go ahead and return until they are feature complete or until I found something better. Still waiting on the check but it has only been 10 days since I returned the Luma.

I had to follow-up with them to get my refund issued. Keep an eye on the tracking number for your return and if they take more than a week, I would follow-up with them on that refund.