RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

My Luma Setup

adriciu

Charter cable - don't think it is service because wifi appears to work.

60 down 4 up

Speed test - close or above charter.

No filtering - All children Adults

Multiple gaming consoles but usually just sons running.

Did not experience loss of service with old setup but speed was terrible with WiFI.

Sorry.

Cable modem - Luma 1 - 24 port Switch

Luma 2 - Wifi to Luma 1

Luma 3 - wifi to Luma 1 or 2

I have not contacted Luma Support.

I could wire Luma 2 and Luma three to the switch since each room is connected.

laptop, game consoles wires to switch.

Sorry.

Cable modem - Luma 1 - 24 port Switch

Luma 2 - Wifi to Luma 1

Luma 3 - wifi to Luma 1 or 2

I have not contacted Luma Support.

I could wire Luma 2 and Luma three to the switch since each room is connected.

laptop, game consoles wires to switch.

Contact Luma and check to see if you have received the latest firmware update.

I have time warner service and consistently got 55 to 60 up and 5 down with my old router setup.  I now have a 3 Luma setup and consistently get only 20 to 25 up and 5 down.  I have updated to the latest ios app version.  

Any ideas?  

Where do I get this new firmware that has been mentioned?

I have time warner service and consistently got 55 to 60 up and 5 down with my old router setup.  I now have a 3 Luma setup and consistently get only 20 to 25 up and 5 down.  I have updated to the latest ios app version.  

Any ideas?  

It should push to you automatically.

You should check with support at Luma.

It should push to you automatically.

You should check with support at Luma.

What is the latest firmware version and how do I check what version I have?

Any ideas?  

As schoondoggy said it will be pushed automaticly, You can check your firmware by clicking this link http://192.168.55.1/version

The latest version as I understand it is the one on my Luma, See below-

"firmware_version":"1.1-11","eos_version":"2016.08.12-2","build_version":"jenkins-luma-firmware-dev-CS-office-build-server-284"

1. As for your speeds did you mean to say 55-60 down and 5 up that you pay for? Seems to me you have the facts reversed -_-

2. How are your 3 Luma's configured?

3. What are you using to test your speed?

4. Are the devices your using to test the speed wired or wireless?

5. If wireless then please plug a device directly into Luma 1 out port and retest your speeds and report results.

Edited by itGeeks

As schoondoggy said it will be pushed automaticly, You can check your firmware by clicking this link http://192.168.55.1/version

The latest version as I understand it is the one on my Luma, See below-

"firmware_version":"1.1-11","eos_version":"2016.08.12-2","build_version":"jenkins-luma-firmware-dev-CS-office-build-server-284"

1. As for your speeds did you mean to say 55-60 down and 5 up that you pay for? Seems to me you have the facts reversed -_-

2. How are your 3 Luma's configured?

3. What are you using to test your speed?

4. Are the devices your using to test the speed wired or wireless?

5. If wireless then please plug a device directly into Luma 1 out port and retest your speeds and report results.

I meant 55-60 down and 5 up and I pay for 50/5

Standard 3 Luma connected wirelessly in a single story home

I use speedtest.net on my iPhone 6s and my laptop

The devices I use to test the speed are wireless

I plugged my laptop into the Luma hub and got 57down 5 up.  I then connected my laptop to Luma 3 out and only got 6 down and 4 up.

I meant 55-60 down and 5 up and I pay for 50/5

Standard 3 Luma connected wirelessly in a single story home

I use speedtest.net on my iPhone 6s and my laptop

The devices I use to test the speed are wireless

I plugged my laptop into the Luma hub and got 57down 5 up.  I then connected my laptop to Luma 3 out and only got 6 down and 4 up.

Yup that's a problem. At least you know the Luma hub is working correctly,

1. Do you really need 3 Luma's to cover your single story home?

2. How many sqft is your home?

3. Do you have Ethernet to the rooms where you have the other 2 Luma's installed? If you do try using Ethernet backhaul instead of wireless mesh and recheck your speeds. A reboot of the Luma will be needed to activate using Ethernet from wireless mesh

4. Do you have all other WAP's shut off such as the one your service provider may of supplied you?

5. Please also plug into Luma 2 and test the speed there as well and report back, You will need this info anyway when contacting Luma.

6. Did you check the firmware to make sure it matches mine? If it does it still does not mean the other 2 nodes got updated correctly though, There where reports that some nodes did not update correctly when the Hub updated so again a call into tech support maybe needed. Try logging into the other 2 Luma nodes using the link I provided to check the firmware, You will have to change the IP in my link to match whatever the IP is of node 2 and 3

If the firmware of the nodes don't match the hub you can either contact support and see what they say or you could try and delete your Luma network and setup each one as the main hub and see if the firmware updates then setup them backup the way you want after that, I know this is a hassle but it maybe what support would tell you to do anyway. I don't know this for sure, Just trying to give you options.

Edited by itGeeks

Yup that's a problem. At least you know the Luma hub is working correctly,

1. Do you really need 3 Luma's to cover your single story home?

2. How many sqft is your home?

3. Do you have Ethernet to the rooms where you have the other 2 Luma's installed? If you do try using Ethernet backhaul instead of wireless mesh and recheck your speeds. A reboot of the Luma will be needed to activate using Ethernet from wireless mesh

4. Do you have all other WAP's shut off such as the one your service provider may of supplied you?

5. Please also plug into Luma 2 and test the speed there as well and report back, You will need this info anyway when contacting Luma.

6. Did you check the firmware to make sure it matches mine? If it does it still does not mean the other 2 nodes got updated correctly though, There where reports that some nodes did not update correctly when the Hub updated so again a call into tech support maybe needed. Try logging into the other 2 Luma nodes using the link I provided to check the firmware, You will have to change the IP in my link to match whatever the IP is of node 2 and 3

If the firmware of the nodes don't match the hub you can either contact support and see what they say or you could try and delete your Luma network and setup each one as the main hub and see if the firmware updates then setup them backup the way you want after that, I know this is a hassle but it maybe what support would tell you to do anyway. I don't know this for sure, Just trying to give you options.

2850 sq ft

i do have ethernet to the room where Luma 3 is but not in a convenient place in the room.  I thought the ethernet backhaul was not yet enabled on the Luma system??

Only a modem that I own.

Luma 2 speed test with ethernet is 21 down and 5 up

I checked all three and they all have the latest firmware

When I connect Luma 3 to ethernet, my speed is back to normal. Is ethernet backhaul enabled?  What exactly is ethernet backhaul?