RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)
mattd390

Need a platform for a new super router?

jmwills

That would be perfect for size and the number of ETH ports needed.

itGeeks

New unit arrived from China today. That was really quick compared to items I've ordered from there in the past. Here are first pics. This no name box has 8GB ram, and a 128GB m2 SSD

Very exciting :) Please let us know how the Untangle install goes and how it runs. The only thing lacking that I wish it had was IPMI but I guess at this price point that would be asking to much. Do you know or can you tell what make & model the SSD and memory is?

jmwills

Where was the price point?  Coming directly from China is the only thing that gives me pause to think.

schoondoggy

New unit arrived from China today. That was really quick compared to items I've ordered from there in the past. Here are first pics. This no name box has 8GB ram, and a 128GB m2 SSD

Looks nice. Is there a manufacturer name or a website for BIOS updates?

mattd390

I looked into those too.  If I didn't have a 2u case to put my setup in and didn't require IPMI, I probably would've tried out one of those.  Any additional information (like what itGeeks and jmwills asked) would be greatly appreciated!

My Asus board should be coming in today.  Fingers crossed that it works as advertised (open box)!

itGeeks

I looked into those too.  If I didn't have a 2u case to put my setup in and didn't require IPMI, I probably would've tried out one of those.  Any additional information (like what itGeeks and jmwills asked) would be greatly appreciated!

My Asus board should be coming in today.  Fingers crossed that it works as advertised (open box)!

Asus? I thought you got the motherboard that you posted the link to? The link for for an ASRock http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813157614R&nm_mc=AFC-C8Junction&cm_mmc=AFC-C8Junction-Skimlinks-_-na-_-na-_-na&AID=12087162&PID=5334937&SID=skim17214X742339Xf14d7b47b73f4f621ab8357bc5fd78b5&utm_medium=affiliates&utm_source=afc-Skimlinks

mattd390

Doh!  You are right, myboard was the Asrock model I provided the link for in the original post.  Isn't Asrock a sub company of Asus?  Sorry, I got mixed up.  

I had to watch my 3 month old this morning and was running low on caffeine when I posted that reply. :D

Drashna Jaelre

Doh!  You are right, myboard was the Asrock model I provided the link for in the original post.  Isn't Asrock a sub company of Asus?  Sorry, I got mixed up.  

I had to watch my 3 month old this morning and was running low on caffeine when I posted that reply. :D

Yes, and no..  

Spun off by ASUS to compete with Foxconn and ... well, did really well (3rd largest motherboard manufacture, apparently) 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ASRock

Owned by Pegatron, which is manufacturers for ASUS.

mattd390

Thanks for the info! I thought I had seen somewhere that they were linked somehow.

My motherboard came today. The box looked brand new and I believe it even had all of the accessories. Not bad for 40 something bux off. If the baby allows, I'll have it in my server case and up and running by Sunday. Now I need to find a project to use the old X7SPE-HF-D525 on.

itGeeks

Thanks for the info! I thought I had seen somewhere that they were linked somehow.

My motherboard came today. The box looked brand new and I believe it even had all of the accessories. Not bad for 40 something bux off. If the baby allows, I'll have it in my server case and up and running by Sunday. Now I need to find a project to use the old X7SPE-HF-D525 on.

Good luck, Let us know how it works out. :)