RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

HOWTO - Guide to using iLO to send an email on hardware failure

mwarner

Hi Guys,

I recently purchased a P222 controller for my Gen 8 Microserver and this gave me the push I needed to sort out hardware failure reporting, which is something that has been on my to do list for a while.

In essence I used iLO to send an email via the built in SMTP Relay service in Windows Server 2012 R2 through my Gmail address and onto my main email address. Sadly this requires the purchase of an iLO Advanced licence, although this can be pretty cheap if you look on eBay.

The full process is relatively complicated and long winded, so I have written it up on my blog:

http://mikestechlife.blogspot.co.uk/2016/08/setting-up-hp-microserver-to-send-email.html

Hopefully this will be useful to a few of you guys too!

Mike

A 2 minute Google shows a picture of an advanced ilo license I used it on mine don't really need it but now have advanced for nothing. Will use the guide thanks

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Edited by tezray

I did contemplate mentioning that you can easily find an Advanced key online, but after finding what should be a genuine key for around £20 on eBay I thought I'd redirect people down that route!

• Like 1

Yeah that is the proper thing to do I have no use for one so thought I would see what would happen if I tried it.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk