RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

Not enough space error

usacomp2k3

So I'm getting this weird error that isn't letting backups run:

error.jpg

The weird part is that I have plenty of free space:

console.jpg

Any thoughts? I tried restarting, to no avail.

EDIT: I tried to run the drive balancer and that also "ERROR: There is not enough space on the disk"

Edited by usacomp2k3

Any chance the system volume where WHS resides is filled up? Perhaps something was writing an error log and used up all the free space? Just thinking out loud.

Any chance the system volume where WHS resides is filled up? Perhaps something was writing an error log and used up all the free space? Just thinking out loud.

I did just format the system this week, so I kinda doubt it. I do only have 6GB free on the 20GB c: partition though.

I did just format the system this week, so I kinda doubt it. I do only have 6GB free on the 20GB c: partition though.

Just asking. Seems like someone had an add-in (Adminme I think) that was writing a bunch of error logs that consumed their system partition.

I don't think 6GB free out of 20GB would be considered full.

You indicate the system was just reinstalled this week. Why did you put the smallest drive not on the System drive? At this point, if I read your response correct, I would change that along with powering down and reseating all the drives.

take a look at Settings then Backups and look if you need to do a cleanup or repair, just quessing here.

I also had a simular error when I had a xtra partition on my PC drive that was 95% full, the backup would not run unless I excluded that partition.

@cskenney, I looked through the system and there was a folder that seemed extra large. It was for the indexer. I'm going to try to just turn indexing off.

@jmwills, the 2TB drive is actually the system drive. It just partitioned 20GB for system, and the rest for pool

@diehard, I ran the db cleanup twice, no help. I haven't tried the repair. Lets see if that helps.

Thanks for the thoughts guys.

Are all of your computers not backing up or just the one? Are you running any other backup programs and any of the clients such as ghost?

@pcdoc. All 4 failed. And no, I just use WHS.

That said, after a few more reboots and disabling Windows Search, everything appears to be back to normal. The backups ran last night and we should be good to go.