RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

Win 10 Pro vs Enterprise - Bait and Switch

Drashna Jaelre

AFAIK you can not purchase Windows 10 Enterprise through retail, corporate license only. I have not needed to purchase any Windows 10 license yet. I had plenty of Windows 8 Pro keys to upgrade.

True.  I think Microsoft is trying to get more streamlined in their product offerings and will they please everyone, no.  And I meant to originally say "Windows 10 Professional".

Show of hands.  How many people actually purchased a full retail version of Windows 10 Enterprise?  Let me rephrase that, a license to use the software?

Trick question. 

AFAIK you can not purchase Windows 10 Enterprise through retail, corporate license only. I have not needed to purchase any Windows 10 license yet. I had plenty of Windows 8 Pro keys to upgrade.

Enterprise is only avilable via Volume Licensing. Period. End of Story.  

You cannot buy it as a consumer, as it is not sold that way. 

It is only available though contracts, MSDN, Software Assurance, BizSpark (which is MSDN), DreamSpark (again, is MSDN), and similar programs. 

Pro is the only version available to consumers (Retail or OEM licensing).   

THIS is why shit like this really pisses me off.  Because I do go and buy the Pro version, in part because it does have these more advanced features.   

But if the only way I can gain them is to acquire the install image and pirate them, that leaves a foul taste in my mouth.  Yes, I'm a "pro-sumer", and I know it.  But that's not a reason to treat guys like me like shit.  Especially as I'm the guy PUSHING Windows to friends and family. 

That's the thread I was looking for.

I have NIC teaming working on my 2012ER2 connections(2) to my switch and had it working on my W10 until it just stopped after an upgrade.  Many thought it would reappear with anniversary but it did not.

Please see my correction where I said Pro and not Enterprise.

Didn't catch it.  But my bitching and moaning still stands. 

And yes, I've purchased a few copies of Pro (well, of Windows 8, but point still stands)