RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

Rotor Drone Magazine $12 for one year

awraynor

Is that what finally hooks me?  Getting the magazine?  I want a photography drone so bad!

Me too, but after buying mesh routers Wife would frown on a $1000+ drone.

They are admittedly cheap... comes down to just $2 per issue. But in all practicality, I don't think there's anything more about the hobby that isn't already available for free on the Net with just a few clicks.

Yeah, and it's a 6 magazine sub. Kind of fun to have a magazine around sometimes. Kids like them too.

Maybe Tony and I can go half on one of your used drones oj88.  ;)

Yeah, and it's a 6 magazine sub. Kind of fun to have a magazine around sometimes. Kids like them too.

Maybe Tony and I can go half on one of your used drones oj88.   ;)

Yes. I'll set it to fly to the new HSS HQ after it's first 6 months with me. 

This doesn't have to be expensive -    in fact before investing in a thousand dollar Quadcopter, I think  its a good idea to get a handle on this by getting a sub $100 drone 

It will teach you to fly and safely handle one of these machines-   many of them have good enough cameras that if all you want is the occasional  aerial shot  they will suffice

they are also safer for kids to handle -  you can even run them in the house, but it sure pisses off the dog.

Some are small enough to fit in the palm of your hand -  but if you are serious about doing some outdoor shots, I would get a one that is a least 250 mm size  rotor to rotor. This will handle the wind much better. 

I also recommend avoiding the "toy" quads that you can buy off Amazon or  Walmart.    The quality , especially batteries are suspect and spare parts can be hard to find.

Go to a local hobby store and see what brands/lines they carry and support.   You should get at least a few extra batteries .

This is the brand that is sold at my local hobby store and online thru tower hobbies

http://www.dromida.com/drones/index-fpv.php

I recommend this to newbies asking for advice ( I'm the president of the local R/C Club in town)

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

This doesn't have to be expensive -    in fact before investing in a thousand dollar Quadcopter, I think  its a good idea to get a handle on this by getting a sub $100 drone 

It will teach you to fly and safely handle one of these machines-   many of them have good enough cameras that if all you want is the occasional  aerial shot  they will suffice

they are also safer for kids to handle -  you can even run them in the house, but it sure pisses off the dog.

Some are small enough to fit in the palm of your hand -  but if you are serious about doing some outdoor shots, I would get a one that is a least 250 mm size  rotor to rotor. This will handle the wind much better. 

I also recommend avoiding the "toy" quads that you can buy off Amazon or  Walmart.    The quality , especially batteries are suspect and spare parts can be hard to find.

Go to a local hobby store and see what brands/lines they carry and support.   You should get at least a few extra batteries .

This is the brand that is sold at my local hobby store and online thru tower hobbies

http://www.dromida.com/drones/index-fpv.php

I recommend this to newbies asking for advice ( I'm the president of the local R/C Club in town)

Thanks for the info, What model do you recommend?