RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

whs 2011 connector on win10 client: deployment window stopped working

hal9000

The error I get is " windows server client deployment stopped working".  It says also log on to your windows server technical preview 2 essentials <servername>

I've made a few updates to try and fix this issue so maybe I should start clean. Is there a way to check to see if I have the proper current updates for win10 client installs?

Thanks,

hal

Is this for WHS2011?

Because there isn't a "Windows Server Client Deployment" service on it.  

Also, check "C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows Server\Logs", and this should have a bunch of text logs and may indicate why it's crashing. 

I think I installed come bad connector sw to my whs2011. It is serving up ComputerConnector(fe80__f130_12f4_4f8_a4ae).exe  from port 65510 when you connect and download the connecor software. Does anyone recognize it?   Is there a way to check to see if I have the proper current updates for win10 client installs? I may have downloaded a hotfix that is not applicable.  Am I on the right track to solving this? Thanks for any help...

Ah, that's normal. 

The weird string of letters and numbers are it's IPv6 address.  And it does download from the 65510 port. 

If that isn't working properly, try accessing the server from it's IPv4 address, and download the connector from there.