RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

Need help with DL380 & MSA 2040

ComputerCarl

Hello everyone. Please forgive me if this is in the wrong forum, and feel free to move to the correct one. I'm doing a project to help out my church, and I have honestly never done anything on this level before with servers, which they are fully aware of and just appreciate the help. They've purchased an HP Proliant DL380 G9 and an MSA 2040 12 bay LFF for additional storage needs. I'm at a loss on exactly what all I need (hardware and cables) to get the MSA 2040 hooked up to the Proliant. What is the best/proper way to hook them together? Do we need to purchase additional hardware like cards or sfp modules, or do we just use the built-in connections? And what cables? This is the hardware we are dealing with:

Thanks so much for your help!

Welcome to the forums, in most basic configurations the MSA would connect to the server through a SAS connection. Do you have it unpacked so you can see the ports on both? What is the church planning to do with this? What operating system is on the server? Are the drive bays on the server and the MSA filled with drives?

I see the links you shared are from CDW, is that where the products were purchased? If so CDW may support you as well.