RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)
ariedl

Home Network Advice

nrf

I'm not an expert on this, but could the multiple networks be confusing your devices? Simpler to have just one and let it figure out how not to interfere with itself. just a thought.

ariedl
22 hours ago, nrf said:

I'm not an expert on this, but could the multiple networks be confusing your devices? Simpler to have just one and let it figure out how not to interfere with itself. just a thought.

Thanks for the comment; that could well be a large part of the problem. As I mentioned, though, for some reason I can't login to my router to make any changes to the existing networks. I could add the eero on top, but not make any changes. I have been hesitant to do a factory reset, since the networks have been working OK. At this point, though, it looks like it may be time. 

Thanks again--

Alec

ShadowPeo

Honestly, I am not really going to weigh in on the overall issue as I would like to be in front of it to make a judgement on it. However, I would try to get rid of the double-NAT which it sounds like you have. Makes things so much simpler especially for a newbie with limited networking knowledge and troubleshooting skills