RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

Pebble Time $60

awraynor

I've gone through a few end of life smartwatches and didn't care for any of them.

Bought OG Galaxy Gear, hated it.

Refurb GearS2 from BB. Nice hardware, stupid UI.

OG Moto360 x 2. Just sold them on E-Bay.

I mainly just want to see notifications and have big date and time for my old eyes.

To be sure the fire sale prices they've been having indicate new  watches coming out.

For $60 I'll give it a try.

http://slickdeals.net/f/8981567-pebble-time-refurb-smartwatch-60-free-shipping?utm_campaign=214191&utm_medium=fptweet&utm_source=twitter

Yeah, the Pebble 2 and Pebble Time 2 are on their way out by the end of the year.

I pretty much love their simplicity and long battery life. They're generally more watch than another piece of gadget. I, too, just use it primarily for the notifications and the ability to monitor my steps and sleep.

I don't really get it why would people would want to do stuff on their tiny little expensive smartwatches when they have a perfectly working 5 or 6-inch hi-def  mobile phone in their pocket?

Oh, thanks for the link. Might get one to replace my son's Pebble Steel. It was a hand-me-down from me a year ago when I got my Pebble Time Steel. My wife has a red Pebble Time and love it.

$250-$300 and more is a lot of money for something just to figure out you really don't need it.

$250-$300 and more is a lot of money for something just to figure out you really don't need it.

Exactly. My budget for a smartwatch typically maxes out at $150-180. 

• Like 1

I like the idea but unfortunately we cannot wear one of these at work. Phones were never permitted, but yet I've never had a hacked Exchange server at home either.