RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)
Sign in to follow this  
ravikk

Advice required on PSU for File Server

ravikk

Hello Everyone,

I am new here. I am the system administrator for a compute cluster in a Research group in MIT. I am looking for an answer to a specific issue, that is currently causing a downtime for our Cluster. The Distributed file system linked to the server has two hot plug, redundant Power Supply Units, and both of them have failed. The PSU's are made by company called t-win and I can't find anything online about it, except for a few sites in Russian. Any advice on where I can procure the same part, or any other alternatives that I can find in US that would match my requirement would be incredibly helpful. I have left all details I can find about the PSU below:

1) Make: t-win

2) Model Number: PSM-SRA10E-Z-R  (ROHS)

3) AC INPUT: 100-240 V, 43-63 Hz, 15-7A

4) DC OUTPUT: 1010W (MAX)

+12V    83A    -12V   0-0.8A

+5VSB   0-3.5A

SER. NO: T11948794 26E1190089

P/N: B013450001

I have attached a couple of pictures of the PSU along with the post.

Thank You,

Ravi

image3.JPG

image2.JPG

image1.JPG

ravikk

@schoondoggy, Thanks for the reply. What you posted is a case / rack for the PSU. In my case, I have to replace the two failed units, which are 1U, redundant PSU. I have attached a picture of how it looks above.

schoondoggy

The AIC server uses the same PS modules that you are looking for. The Rackmount link has the same modules:

http://www.rackmountnet.com/1010w-redundant-power-supply-module-p-3928.html

Sencadata made servers using the same swappable power supplies module, see page 108:

http://products.senecadata.com/PDF/support/storage/ST3000-manual-V2.PDF

You should be able to buy replacements from Senecadata:

http://www.senecadata.com/

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• Notbugged
      By Notbugged
      I recently bought a used 1240 v2 but can't get it to work properly in my Microserver Gen8.

It POSTs fine, but 9/10 times fails to boot FreeNAS (returning "panic: unrecoverable machine check exception" followed by some seemingly CPU-related error messages), and the one time it managed to boot it crashed from the slightest load.
      When I run Memtest with the 1240 v2 in it, it constantly reboots at test #6 "Block move".
      With a 1265L v2 in it it runs flawlessly - FreeNAS boots without an issue and there are no errors in Memtest.

I contacted the seller believing the CPU was faulty, then he told me that he had the same issue getting in to work in his Microserver Gen8, and that the solution was to use another PSU.
      I haven't gotten around to try another PSU yet, but I find it a bit weird that the PSU would be the issue, because surely 13A @ 12V (156W) should be enough to power a 69W TPD processor.
      I even tried disconnecting all the drives to leave as much power to the CPU as possible, to no avail...
      And on top of that I've seen loads of posts from people having upgraded to 1230s, 1240s and even 1270s with no mentions of upgrading the PSU.

I'm running the lastest BIOS (2018.05.21) along with upgraded cooling (Akasa K25), so those shouldn't be the reason either.

Has anyone ever heard of this before?
    • ColinBrough
      By ColinBrough
      I've a N36L Proliant Microserver that has been happily sitting on a shelf doing NAS type stuff since 2011. I was away last week, and came back to it dead. It now won't switch on at all. No lights, no flickers of LEDs when power on switch pressed, nothing - so no real diagnostics! Checked fuse, checked mains power, all OK.

I'm presuming its a blown PSU - is that a good guess?

And, given the age of the machine, I'm suspecting it is likely to be best to simply replace it with a Gen8 replacement rather than faffing around trying to replace a PSU (which may or may not be the cause of the failure). Or is it worth trying to salvage?

(I'm hoping the disks in the machine survived the failure - there's a 6TB WD Green, a 2TB WD Green, a 250GB Seagate and a 750GB Samsung in there at the moment. Running XUbunutu.)
    • BJWTech
      By BJWTech
      I have the OEM PSU for my 2 G7 Microservers. One is a N36l and the other is a N40l. About one year ago I replaced the 40MM Fan on both with a lower noise Sunon fan. They were pulled whilst working.

I will charge $20 for each plus shipping.

Let me know If you are interested!

Brian

Edit: Typo....
    • hermanpeckel
      By hermanpeckel
      I recently came home to my beloved N54L as dead as a door nail. It turned out a power surge zapped the PSU. A quick disassemble and fit of a standard ATX power supply confirmed it was just the PSU that had died.

I jumped on eBay and found a suitable replacement (or so I thought). The main power connector was 4 pins short of the original one. I plugged it all in and to my surprise it booted and works fine. One thing though - the fan is constantly on full. I assume it's the CPU fan. When I plug the normal ATX PSU back in, the fan operates as it should.

Anyhow, my questions. Is there any way I can mod my PSU to suit? It has a 4 pin connector on it that is currently unused. Or, rather than hunt around and hope for another suitably sized PSU, maybe I could just transfer the N54L parts into a standard computer case and PSU. There are some cheap ones about for $50 that look like they could do the trick.

Does anyone know of any caveats I should be aware of? 

Thanks in advance.