RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)
BuNka

New firmware

BigWiz

Hi Serioussam

Just purchase via ebay as well. 3 months old 16GB ECC RAM and a 2TB disk. very pleased so far.

Would very much like SPP ISO, as HP's site seems very difficult to navigate, plus unsure if I'd be allowed to download anyway.

Also 1st Post. :)

Just purchased a 2nd hand i3-3240 as well.

BR Graham

paradox

I've not messed with my server on the hardware/firmware level for some time now, so of course I've completely forgotten everything I learned, but how exactly do I update my iLO / firmware with these files? Currently it runs FreeNAS, do I need to plug in a USB bootable windows live install or something and run the updater using that?

serioussam1215

I've not messed with my server on the hardware/firmware level for some time now, so of course I've completely forgotten everything I learned, but how exactly do I update my iLO / firmware with these files? Currently it runs FreeNAS, do I need to plug in a USB bootable windows live install or something and run the updater using that?

Hello Paradox,

Before you update the firmware make sure you have a iLO License installed. You can get a free license for 60 days on HP's site. You need to attach the ISO via the Virtual Drives -> Image File CD-ROM/DVD then select the SPP ISO. Still working on finding a good place to upload the SPP ISO to. A private torrent seems like the best solution at the moment as it's almost 6GBs.

BTW, Paradox. I love your GIF of that Tonberry. Those were a nightmare in FF VIII......

• Like 1

serioussam1215

Update:

Got a Mega Account. Uploading the ISO now. Will update you once it's finished uploading.

• Like 1

paradox

Hello Paradox,

Before you update the firmware make sure you have a iLO License installed. You can get a free license for 60 days on HP's site. You need to attach the ISO via the Virtual Drives -> Image File CD-ROM/DVD then select the SPP ISO. Still working on finding a good place to upload the SPP ISO to. A private torrent seems like the best solution at the moment as it's almost 6GBs.

BTW, Paradox. I love your GIF of that Tonberry. Those were a nightmare in FF VIII......

Thanks, I actually bought a paid license for it ages ago.

• Like 1

serioussam1215

Fantastic! I found some on Fleabay for $30 USD with 3 years of support. Would love to get something longer but for $30 you can't beat the price or support.

paradox

Fantastic! I found some on Fleabay for $30 USD with 3 years of support. Would love to get something longer but for $30 you can't beat the price or support.

I can't remember what license I bought but it was about that much and I think it was like a permanent unlock or something?

abpostelnicu

I'm doing this update as we speak:
1. ilo from 2.42 ->  2.44
2. bios from 2015.7 -> to the latest version

I'm running using an Intel Xeon E3-1240.

LE:

1. i'm about on installing a raid controller P222 how can i upgrade the firmware of that as well?

2. after completing the bios update can i see the new bios version without restarting the server in ilo?

Edited by abpostelnicu

serioussam1215

Do a refresh of the iLO and you should see the new firmware level.

As far as the firmware level of the P222 RAID Controller, you can find the latest firmware version here.

You have to log into HP Support site to download any firmware.

abpostelnicu

Crap, afetr the bios upgrade it seems that it lost my raid 0 config that it was present in order to boot from the odd bay where is have an 120gb ssd. Is there a posibility to restore it?