RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

Luma cancellation-return-refund stories

cskenney

I am a very happy eero / Circle customer.  I can port forward, backhaul and bridge to my hearts content :)

Great glad it's working out.

I'm running 3 Eero's now. Want to switch back to my wireless AC router the weekend and see if Eero is truly value added for the price.

For me it's been a benefit.  My old Airport Extreme wouldn't reach the livingroom regularly.   I tried Apple's WDS repeating which lost too much in the hops.  I did ethernet of powline which was inconsistent.  Eero does a hop to the master bedroom I think then the Livingroom and it's much better than what I had.  I have a pile of old parts which the eero replaced.  It's not perfect but its so much better than it was.  I need an ethernet backhaul from my livingroom as wireless in this house is tough.  

My living room is also the greatest distance from the router. It will also be the most difficult to run ethernet to from the router.

I happen to have a cable wire at the living room Eero, but given I already have powerline adapters I'll try them for backhaul first.

If not maybe MOCA next. 

My living room is also the greatest distance from the router. It will also be the most difficult to run ethernet to from the router.

I happen to have a cable wire at the living room Eero, but given I already have powerline adapters I'll try them for backhaul first.

If not maybe MOCA next.

I am considering MOCA to get ethernet to my upstairs bedrooms but so far the eero module is working fine.

I am considering MOCA to get ethernet to my upstairs bedrooms but so far the eero module is working fine.

Mine does fine, but trying to decide does it really do any better than my old router. Day to day not sure I see a real difference. 

Is MOCA an acceptable backhaul for a wireless access point?  (be it Luma, Eero, whatever)  I always assumed it would be fine, but maybe there's some additional latency involved in that type of connection that wouldn't be there if it was just a standard ethernet run.  

Finally got an email back today shown below.  Basically they're stalling up to another 5 days.  They clearly didn't run the credit when they received the product over a week ago and were stalling waiting for me to sit through my 3 day hold period they requested.  These guys are a joke and obviously cash strapped.

This email is to confirm that your contribution to Luma 3-pack has been refunded and any pending authorizations have been removed.

While this refund is immediate on our part, it can take up to five business days for the refund to show on your credit card statement.

Amount charged: $996.00

Date of charge: 01/10/16
Date of refund: 08/13/16
Refund will appear as: LUMA

~ Thanks for tilting with us!

Update:  credit issued.  Story over.  

• 2 weeks later...

Two requests for shipping labels to return my Luma units, two replies asking me to keep them and be part of the Beta team. Two replies by me saying no.

You did not want me to test your product prior to shipping, now you want me in your Beta program so I keep the product?

Two requests for shipping labels to return my Luma units, two replies asking me to keep them and be part of the Beta team. Two replies by me saying no.

You did not want me to test your product prior to shipping, now you want me in your Beta program so I keep the product?

Just watched the video by Paul Braren reviewing Luma and Eero. Want to guess which one he found more reliable and which one he shipped back?