RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

Luma cancellation-return-refund stories

cskenney

Maybe I'm just an optimist, but I think I'm going to hang on to mine.  I'm still technically within the 14 day window, though I haven't even set it up yet.  Clearly the product isn't ready for prime-time yet, but I think the question is whether or not people believe it has a future.  I worry that if I return it now, in 6 months I'll wish I hadn't because it will be feature-complete.  (and cost a lot more)  I also think there is room for at least 2 "next-gen" wifi products in the market, so I think it's possible for both Eero and Luma to be successful.  

Am I crazy?  Lots of products have rough launches, but do you guys think that the current problems are a sign of something worse?  

We can all just guess. In my book past performance predicts future performance. I understand they are just starting and expect a quasi-beta product. For me, as many the issues were they didn't ship FIFO as promised, nor did they ship with the features they promised. Eero had some of the same issues it appears.

Like many, I'm beginning to shy away from Kickstarter and pre-release products. Sometimes you get what you pay for. 

Me too. If it were selling for more on EBay I would keep it and sell it.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

I got a notice from UPS that a package would be delivered tomorrow. 2 hours later Luma informs me my shipment is on the way.

I already have my refund credited to my credit card too.

I got a notice from UPS that a package would be delivered tomorrow. 2 hours later Luma informs me my shipment is on the way.

I already have my refund credited to my credit card too.

Already received refund and my 3-pack arrived today.

My friend said if I could buy it again at the discounted price he would be interested. Don't know if they will

and don't know if I won't him to. I want to keep him as a friend.

Got my first cancelled Luma order today,,,,,

And you're sending it back? I kind of want to open it just to try it, but not if it's going to ruin my chance

of getting my money back if it stinks.

Eero does a good signal, but a bit lighter on features then I expected. 

Luma received their product back Thursday at 2:30PM EST.  I emailed them Friday at 9AM asking when I might expect my refund.  No response in the last 24 hours.  This is after I had cancelled the product and it shipped anyway.  Then a call tag and a trip to Fedex.  Please let this experience with this company end.  

Update:  Still no refund.  They finally responded on 8/8 on product they received back on 8/4 and to which I emailed them on the morning of 8/5 asking about it.  On 8/8 at 10AM EST they said they've assigned my order for a refund and funds should be returned in 1-3 business days.  I just had to email again tonight 8/11 asking where my money is.  This is after they shipped product which I'd cancelled and was promised a refund in 3-5 days.  This is for 12 units.  No small amount of money BTW.  

Update:  Still no refund.  They finally responded on 8/8 on product they received back on 8/4 and to which I emailed them on the morning of 8/5 asking about it.  On 8/8 at 10AM EST they said they've assigned my order for a refund and funds should be returned in 1-3 business days.  I just had to email again tonight 8/11 asking where my money is.  This is after they shipped product which I'd cancelled and was promised a refund in 3-5 days.  This is for 12 units.  No small amount of money BTW.  

Woah. That is a lot of money. Looking for any alternatives now?