RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

Luma cancellation-return-refund stories

cskenney

awraynor

Mine was also minus the $60 referral credit.

My shipping update said mine would be delivered between August 5-11. On the cancellation acknowledgment they said they can't stop

my shipment. They will however send me a return label after I receive it. I'm due to receive it for 1-2 weeks. Are they shipping this thing

from the U.S., China or Mars?

They hoped I would consider their products in the future. 

I don't get them. Glad I cancelled.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• awraynor

• schoondoggy

• itGeeks

• jomobco

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

And glad to have you. It's so hard to find a forum where people are respectful as well as helpful.

I think you all will be underwhelmed, I am not a screaming and hollering kind of guy. Here is what I sent:   My initial interest in Luma was to simplify my home network. I work in the IT industry an

I'm in the same boat and just requested an RMA for my 3-pack.  I'm not sure where it lies in the return window (14 or 30) but based on their internal systems I wouldn't be surprised if they don't even

cskenney

Funny. My order was said to arrive those same dates yet they asked me if they guaranteed it would arrive in those dates would I reconsider? Ummm NO! They didn't say my order would still ship. I guess that means when I cancelled yesterday they had no intentions in getting me my pre-order by Aug 11th.

awraynor

I"m tracking a few auctions for Eero and Luma on E-Bay.

The Eero prices are significantly higher interestingly enough, although many of them are Buy It Now only.

I cancelled by contacting their customer support via email. I didn't know you could cancel thru survey monkey. No $25 credit was mentioned. I also had ordered direct. To be honest I don't want a credit. I actually want Luma to succeed and they won't do that by giving away cash. If they want to please me as a customer they have to create a product that works as advertised and create competition in this market space. That will bring down prices and then I will be happy.

I spent the $25 amazon gift card quickly.  It was 4% interest for 8 months.  I deserved it.  Cheap money for a start-up.  Now I've got to take their box to Fedex because not only did I cancel it before it shipped, but called them after they shipped it UPS and asked them to turn it around - which is a perfectly  acceptable and doable UPS request.  It still showed up.  Now instead of already having my money back I have their POS product sitting here waiting for me to get to Fedex.  This company is horrible.  

• Like 1

Mine was also minus the $60 referral credit.

My shipping update said mine would be delivered between August 5-11. On the cancellation acknowledgment they said they can't stop

my shipment. They will however send me a return label after I receive it. I'm due to receive it for 1-2 weeks. Are they shipping this thing

from the U.S., China or Mars?

They hoped I would consider their products in the future. 

I don't get them. Glad I cancelled.

Mine shipped from Ingram Micro in Plainfield, IN via UPS.  The call tag was Fedex to Luma Home in Atlanta, GA.

awraynor

Mine shipped from Ingram Micro in Plainfield, IN via UPS.  The call tag was Fedex to Luma Home in Atlanta, GA.

That's funny. The FedEx tracking for my Eero 3-pack is starting in Zionsville, IN just 35 miles away from Plainsville. Guess we have a new networking

mecca in Indiana.

They said they couldn't stop my Luma shipment, although I still haven't received any sort of shipping notification from them.

I love this:

"but are required to share a fraction of our inventory to our retail partners."

...Due to a contract Luma likely entered into AFTER they took all the early adopter preorders to generate more cash to fund the early adopter preorders which they delayed to ship the best buy order.  Can't wait to be done with these guys.

• Like 1

Maybe I'm just an optimist, but I think I'm going to hang on to mine.  I'm still technically within the 14 day window, though I haven't even set it up yet.  Clearly the product isn't ready for prime-time yet, but I think the question is whether or not people believe it has a future.  I worry that if I return it now, in 6 months I'll wish I hadn't because it will be feature-complete.  (and cost a lot more)  I also think there is room for at least 2 "next-gen" wifi products in the market, so I think it's possible for both Eero and Luma to be successful.  

Am I crazy?  Lots of products have rough launches, but do you guys think that the current problems are a sign of something worse?