RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

Luma cancellation-return-refund stories

cskenney

We should probably move these posts over to a new thread Luma Cancellation-Return-Refund stories.

So Luma processed both of my order cancellations. I had put them on separate email accounts. My second order refund was processed as $249, but my first order refund came back as $149? I replied to support and I am waiting on their answer.

$100 short was an interesting number, looking in my email for that account I had five people use my referral link. $20 each for five referrals = $100

I can only 'assume' but it appears they are deducting referral payments from your refund?

I will be waiting for their reply,,,,,,,,,

so far they have replied asking what I think of their customer service,,,,,,,,

Yeah, I got that email too.

I expe

We should probably move these posts over to a new thread Luma Cancellation-Return-Refund stories.

So Luma processed both of my order cancellations. I had put them on separate email accounts. My second order refund was processed as $249, but my first order refund came back as $149? I replied to support and I am waiting on their answer.

$100 short was an interesting number, looking in my email for that account I had five people use my referral link. $20 each for five referrals = $100

I can only 'assume' but it appears they are deducting referral payments from your refund?

I will be waiting for their reply,,,,,,,,,

I expect mine to also be short those referral refunds.

Either way refund my money, I've moved on.

When you decided to give up the ghost, I knew it was finally time for me to do what I wanted to do anyway.

I expected that. It may turn out to be a great product, but I"m glad to be done with them.

Ordered the Eero, but the AmpliFi HD is oddly interesting to me.

I cancelled my 3-pack Amazon pre-order a few weeks ago.  Even though the hardware and software might eventually be something worthwhile, I couldn't support a company that has eroded so many people's trust, including my own.  As such, even if they do get their features released and even if they have a solid product, I will never buy a Luma device.  They've burned my bridge forever.  There are just too many other choices out there (or soon to be) for me to consider them anymore.

Since my order was through Amazon, I got no responses from Luma.  No requests for feedback, nothing about why I am cancelling, etc.  In all honesty, they probably don't even know I cancelled.  I just hope someone from Luma sees this thread and reads these comments.  I don't necessarily want to see the company fail ... but I certainly won't be supporting them in the future.

• Like 1

form Luma:

Hi Kevin,

You had previously been discounted $100. The $149 is discounting the remainder of the preorder price.

They are calling the $20 referrals a discount from the presale price. So they will only refund the balance.

They are calling the $20 referrals a discount from the presale price. So they will only refund the balance.

Doesn't surprise me. Its like the rebate from Menards that only lets you spend it on goods at Menards.