RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

Luma cancellation-return-refund stories

cskenney

There game playing to get them past the limited 14 day return policy is old and fraudulent at best.

Is the return policy still 14 days? There is a support article saying it is a 30 day return policy.

http://support.getluma.com/hc/en-us/articles/213532657-What-is-the-Luma-return-policy-

I received my luma today and I am trying to decide whether to even open it. I am tempted not to if I will only have 7 days to try out the new update.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• awraynor

• schoondoggy

• itGeeks

• jomobco

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

And glad to have you. It's so hard to find a forum where people are respectful as well as helpful.

I think you all will be underwhelmed, I am not a screaming and hollering kind of guy. Here is what I sent:   My initial interest in Luma was to simplify my home network. I work in the IT industry an

I'm in the same boat and just requested an RMA for my 3-pack.  I'm not sure where it lies in the return window (14 or 30) but based on their internal systems I wouldn't be surprised if they don't even

itGeeks

Here is the email I sent to founders@getluma.com

You asked for feedback, here goes;

I have just cancelled my two orders for three packs. So why did I cancel my orders? Candidly, I expected a lot more from Luma straight out of the chute. The founders of the company have a strong track record in enterprise security. I work in the enterprise IT world so I’m very familiar with the names of the founders of Luma. That said I’m disappointed in the way the presales delivery was handled, the beta testing was handled and now the follow-up on issues. Many tech enthusiasts like myself offered to be beta testers for Luma. Our non-typical home network environments certainly would’ve helped Luma iron out many of the issues you are currently facing prior to launch. Much of the hype about the feature set Luma was set to bring to market appears to be smoke and mirrors. Which is concerning for tech enthusiasts such as myself, but is even more concerning for users who are less technical and are actually the target customer from Luma products. The target Luma customer probably doesn’t know they’re not getting what they paid for. I know the tech enthusiast market is not your target market as we are a small segment, but we influence and advise a much larger segment of the market. We could have been a great advocate for Luma. I can only hope that you are able to deliver on all of these promises over time.

On another note, I’ve been a strong backer of kick starters and presales technology opportunities. I enjoy trying new things and giving companies my feedback to help them build a better product. Luma’s inability to ship presales orders in a FIFO fashion will probably preclude me from doing kick starters and presales opportunities in the future. Simply put people that order presales technology tend to be tech enthusiasts who want to help you build a better product. When you turn around and make product available through retail channels prior to fulfilling all of your presales orders you tell us we are not important to you.

I encourage you to follow the conversation in a forum that I am active in:

http://homeservershow.com/forums/index.php?/forum/107-luma/

Kevin Schoonover

Schoondoggy in the HSS forum

Nice job Kevin. The audience has voice and its time to be heard loud and clear and I now feel the only way there listen is to hurt there pocketbooks. I would love to know how many cancelled orders and or returns they got, Looking around I don't think its a lite number. Hats off to you and Chris for emailing them.

itGeeks

Is the return policy still 14 days? There is a support article saying it is a 30 day return policy.

http://support.getluma.com/hc/en-us/articles/213532657-What-is-the-Luma-return-policy-

I received my luma today and I am trying to decide whether to even open it. I am tempted not to if I will only have 7 days to try out the new update.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Two things come to mind, 1. The return policy for any pre-orders threw Luma was 14 days but if you pre-ordered threw Amazon it was 30, Looking at your link it looks like only retail orders have a 30 day return policy but you may want to contact Luma to see if you indeed have 30 days. 2nd the update is not coming for at least another week according to reports and some say several weeks so hew knows on that one, Either way I don't think you would have enough time to test Luma with the promised update before your return expires. Please don't take what I am saying as gold but based on whats been going on your guess is as good as mine when there going to release the overdue update.

I'm in the same boat and just requested an RMA for my 3-pack.  I'm not sure where it lies in the return window (14 or 30) but based on their internal systems I wouldn't be surprised if they don't even know themselves.

The deciding factor for me is the failure to meet the update deadline.  Maybe it will come out tomorrow and make their claim of "this week" actually true but I'm not going to hold my breath.  Insanity is doing the same thing and expecting a different result and I will not let Luma drive me insane.

I'll probably box it up tomorrow and plug in the eero I've got sitting next to it.  Oh well.

On the positive side, at least I found you guys thanks to my Luma needs.  (cue sappy background music...)

• Like 1
itGeeks

And glad to have you. It's so hard to find a forum where people are respectful as well as helpful.

Agreed...With the combined knowledge and helpfulness found here it's like a one stop shop matched by no other and that's hard to beat and it's all free. :)

Edited by itGeeks
itGeeks

Here is the email I sent to founders@getluma.com

You asked for feedback, here goes;

I have just cancelled my two orders for three packs. So why did I cancel my orders? Candidly, I expected a lot more from Luma straight out of the chute. The founders of the company have a strong track record in enterprise security. I work in the enterprise IT world so I’m very familiar with the names of the founders of Luma. That said I’m disappointed in the way the presales delivery was handled, the beta testing was handled and now the follow-up on issues. Many tech enthusiasts like myself offered to be beta testers for Luma. Our non-typical home network environments certainly would’ve helped Luma iron out many of the issues you are currently facing prior to launch. Much of the hype about the feature set Luma was set to bring to market appears to be smoke and mirrors. Which is concerning for tech enthusiasts such as myself, but is even more concerning for users who are less technical and are actually the target customer from Luma products. The target Luma customer probably doesn’t know they’re not getting what they paid for. I know the tech enthusiast market is not your target market as we are a small segment, but we influence and advise a much larger segment of the market. We could have been a great advocate for Luma. I can only hope that you are able to deliver on all of these promises over time.

On another note, I’ve been a strong backer of kick starters and presales technology opportunities. I enjoy trying new things and giving companies my feedback to help them build a better product. Luma’s inability to ship presales orders in a FIFO fashion will probably preclude me from doing kick starters and presales opportunities in the future. Simply put people that order presales technology tend to be tech enthusiasts who want to help you build a better product. When you turn around and make product available through retail channels prior to fulfilling all of your presales orders you tell us we are not important to you.

I encourage you to follow the conversation in a forum that I am active in:

http://homeservershow.com/forums/index.php?/forum/107-luma/

Kevin Schoonover

Schoondoggy in the HSS forum

It will be interesting to see if you and Chris get a reply from the founders and what they say, I think that the proof is in the pudding so lets see.

qtopplings

Yep, I'm glad I cancelled my order too.   For those of you that cancelled, did you get a message at the end of the Surveymonkey request that they would be sending a $25 gift certificate as a Thank You for being an early supporter?   To me, this was above and beyond the $25 they were giving out for those who ordered a different color.   When I questioned support about it, they said I already got one two weeks ago.   So, why is that message on your return page?   

Again, shady and misleading.   My time is worth something.  Now I have to go to the FedEx store and return something that I cancelled weeks ago (and should never have received).

cskenney

I cancelled by contacting their customer support via email. I didn't know you could cancel thru survey monkey. No $25 credit was mentioned. I also had ordered direct. To be honest I don't want a credit. I actually want Luma to succeed and they won't do that by giving away cash. If they want to please me as a customer they have to create a product that works as advertised and create competition in this market space. That will bring down prices and then I will be happy.

qtopplings

I cancelled by contacting their customer support via email. I didn't know you could cancel thru survey monkey. No $25 credit was mentioned. I also had ordered direct. To be honest I don't want a credit. I actually want Luma to succeed and they won't do that by giving away cash. If they want to please me as a customer they have to create a product that works as advertised and create competition in this market space. That will bring down prices and then I will be happy.

I wouldn't have even asked about it, but the message was there when I followed the link to cancel.   And honestly I've wasted a lot of time with them via support, and now having to drive to the FedEx store to return something they never should have sent me in the first place.  If they want to succeed they better start treating their customers better.