RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)
awraynor

Ubiquiti AmpliFi Mesh Review

itGeeks

Another review was posted today.

http://bgr.com/2016/08/18/best-home-router-2016-amplifi/

Based on what I have been reading, a very good friend ordered the basic $199 version to solve for his wifi problems at his house. I'll be able to do my own review pretty soon.

Thanks for sharing, Your friend does know that the 199. kit wil not extend wireless AC to the mesh points rite? And also the SD and LR kit are only SU-MIMO 2x2 vs the HD kit is SU-MIMO 3x3, The HD kit will extend wireless AC to the mesh points. Just wanted to point this out just in case.

Edited by itGeeks

RobbieH

Thanks for sharing, Your friend does know that the 199. kit with not extend wireless AC to the mesh points rite? And also the SD and LR kit are only 2x2 vs the HD kit is 3x3

He would not know what AC vs N means if I told him. But I am aware of the difference. For his situation the $199 kit will work just fine. They have one Surface, one iPad, one Fire TV Stick, and two iPhones. That's it.

whsbuss

Another review was posted today.

http://bgr.com/2016/08/18/best-home-router-2016-amplifi/

Based on what I have been reading, a very good friend ordered the basic $199 version to solve for his wifi problems at his house. I'll be able to do my own review pretty soon.

Can't wait for an actual user's review. 

• Like 1

itGeeks

He would not know what AC vs N means if I told him. But I am aware of the difference. For his situation the $199 kit will work just fine. They have one Surface, one iPad, one Fire TV Stick, and two iPhones. That's it.

I respect what you are saying and based on you knowledge I wont argue but I have some questions below.

How many sqft is his home?

How many floors is his home?

Is he looking to cover his outside property?

itGeeks

Can't wait for an actual user's review. 

Agreed. There is one thing for sure based on reviews the AmpliFi is the number 1 in performance based on the three top runners in the space though it is lacking features of the other two such as parental controls but at a cost of 100-200 less then the others there is plenty of room to add the Disney Circle for 99.00 to get those features. The AmpliFi product is certainly a top contender in this space and is one I am considering for my family

• Like 2

RobbieH

I respect what you are saying and based on you knowledge I wont argue but I have some questions below.

How many sqft is his home?

How many floors is his home?

Is he looking to cover his outside property?

2100 sq ft square house (not a ranch like mine)

1 story

Not trying to cover outside

One thing though, if you did want to cover outside, he could just move one of the antennas to his back patio.