RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

Server 2016

GoNz0

2016 final has been released to OEM's

Installed and working ok on my gen8.

You will need the video drivers and the ILO3/4 management drivers otherwise everything else installs ok.

A lot faster than server 2012 imo.

• Like 1

Jim and I talked "briefly" about 2016 Server on episode 304.  I'm hoping to hear feedback about it from you guys.

2016 final has been released to OEM's

Installed and working ok on my gen8.

You will need the video drivers and the ILO3/4 management drivers otherwise everything else installs ok.

A lot faster than server 2012 imo.

Did you upgrade from 2012 server? I can't find HP drivers for 2016 server...

Did you upgrade from 2012 server? I can't find HP drivers for 2016 server...

I did an upgrade 1st then a clean install as my 2012 install carried the problems over.

Use 2012r2 drivers, they work fine.

I did an upgrade 1st then a clean install as my 2012 install carried the problems over.

Use 2012r2 drivers, they work fine.

Thanks.

Is it full of Telemetry and does it take a lot of control away from the user, as its the server version of the Win10 generation?

Is it full of Telemetry and does it take a lot of control away from the user, as its the server version of the Win10 generation?

1st impressions of it, it is like 2012 with the anniversary reskin of windows 10. No microsoft account login like win10, very low memory footprint BUT it did take all the ram and grind to a standstill like 2012 does if you don't restrict ram cache usage so I run "SetSystemFileCacheSize" with a batch file on a scheduled task after it boots to restrict cache to 2gb

• Like 1

Will there be a 2016 essentials SKU?

Most likely so because there was a Preview of the SKU on TechNet.  I've got a VM of the SKU up and running but really haven't had time to play with it due to some other projects that were more important.